Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Which 3 feet do you use most? >
  • Which 3 feet do you use most?

• Which 3 feet do you use most?

Old 09-25-2013, 04:31 AM

I use the hopping foot for my FMQ, the walking foot for straight line quilting, and also for attaching borders - and the 1/4 foot - without the guide. But for my 1/4 inch, I often just use my standard foot with a needle adjustment.
    Old 09-25-2013, 04:55 AM

I have a Viking and I bought their interchangeable walking foot. I use that, one of the feet that goes on it is the 1/4 ( I love) the stitch in the ditch foot which allows for double needles or decrotave stitches to be done and is the best for adding binding. So my answer would be one foot with different attachments.
    Old 09-25-2013, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO
    Drag I was going to say right mainly left occasionally can't find jak the pegs third foot. But dogs paw will that do.

1/4 inch foot, walking foot and depends which machine for the third bernina BSR. , hopping foot for free motion on most of the others. One one machine it is the round darning foot and have cut into a c .
    Thanks for the laugh-out-loud moment when reading this this morning!!!

But seriously, I use my 1/4inch foot when piecing, the stitch in the ditch foot when SID, and then I guess the last would be the all-purpose foot for sewing on the binding. I like it a bit wider than 1/4 inch.

Cheers!
    Old 09-25-2013, 05:22 AM
    Banned

I use the 1/4", the walking foot, and the open embroidery foot.
    Old 09-25-2013, 07:24 AM

1/4" foot, walking foot and I have 2 feet with edges that I use to apply machine binding and then to sew it down. I leave them next to my machine because they get used all the time.
    Old 09-25-2013, 08:38 AM

I have a Pfaff that I use for most of my sewing. I use the regular foot, the open toe foot and the zipper foot the most. I don't think I've ever put in a zipper but I use it for piping and hemming jeans. On my Janome I think I only use the regular Accufeed foot and the open toe Accufeed foot.
    Old 09-25-2013, 12:45 PM

I bought a "stitch in the ditch" foot and find it invaluable. It has a piece of metal that sits in front of the needle and guides and separates its way through the seams. And a walking foot is a must-have. The hopping darning foot would be my third choice for you.
    Old 09-26-2013, 04:19 AM
    Power Poster

I also use the 1/4" and the walking foot as well as the (don't know what you call it) foot I call the hoop foot or the quilting foot. It is the one that is an open hoop and you use it when doing FMQ or embroidery.
    Old 09-26-2013, 04:30 AM

I use mostly a regular foot and my 1/4" foot. I tend to not use a lot of different feet. But several came with the machine -- just in case.
    Old 09-26-2013, 04:41 AM

I was going to say which two feet I use the most and never even thought about the ones attached to the ankles. I use the 1/4 inch foot more than the applique foot, which is my 2d most popular foot. I did a lot better on free motion quilting with a darning foot and I like the walking foot for quilt in the ditch. However, If my project is larger than a table runner, my tops go to a long arm quilter. It's expensive, but there is no way I could quilt even a twin size quilt on any of my domestic machines and have it come out right. froggyintexas
    Originally Posted by zozee
    I was going to say which TWO feet do you use most, but I figure a few smart alecks would say the ones attached to their ankles.