Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Black Friday at JoAnn's What did you get ? >
  • Black Friday at JoAnn's What did you get ?

• Black Friday at JoAnn's What did you get ?

Old 11-30-2013, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by dellareya
    I'm planning on doing a large rag quilt so I HAD to get the flannel at Joanns. I spent $25 and my tag said I saved $100. That was nice to see. I'm looking forward to getting some quilters cotton. Good thing our store is only 5 minutes away.
    Wow. I spent $160. You have much better restraint than I do.
    Old 11-30-2013, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by slbram17
    I was there kind of late (around 8 pm) but there were still people in line. Most only had a few items for cutting but there was one lady who I would guess had 25 or 30 bolts of the flannel. I think she got every shade of a color they had, no prints, mostly solids. I felt sorry for the cutter but no one was nasty that I saw. Even the staff mentioned that people were mostly nice this year. They had five cutters there, and it seemed like everything went smooth. I was out in around a half hour. Payment line was very very short.
    I only bought full bolts. Some of them had wrappers on them designating full bolts, but others had no wrappers but were obviously full bolts with the same factory fold on the end. I was out of there by 6:45.
    Old 11-30-2013, 06:19 AM

I was first in line and got the one and only Oliso Iron that was 70.00 dollars off!
    Old 11-30-2013, 06:28 AM

I did my shopping online, and managed to cull my flannel selections down to about 100 yards, 10% of it for me and the rest to donate to my Linus Project sewing group. So much easier sitting at the computer than standing in line! Had to be careful though, as I realized only after adding several selections to my cart that some of the flannel is now 100% polyester, not cotton.
    Old 11-30-2013, 06:31 AM

decided to stay away from Joanns this year to the surprise of my kids. It was tempting and several times during the day I thought about getting in the car and going, but it's almost 1 hour each way. On line flannel was more per yard- and I thought that was kinda stupid.............so Joanns doesn't get any bucks from me this weekend. I went last weekend and got borders for my next project, and since I mostly scrap quilt I have enough stuff to keep me busy for the year and then some.
    Old 11-30-2013, 06:32 AM

I bought my Oliso iron and an Olfa cutter online. I think it might still be online for that price. It was the first time in years that I decided not to go in the store for a great deal. I did miss the frenzy of it all but not the 'getting up early' part. . I also don't have to store any more fabric although it is hard to pass up the fleece today but I will just watch for fleece sales throughout the year. I went to a few stores later in the morning and it was hassle free shopping.
    Old 11-30-2013, 06:37 AM

My sister and I went into Vegas and by the time we got to Joanns, the cutting counter was buried with people. Luckily, we weren't there for fabric.

Got a question though. Sister picked up the Olfa 24 x 36 mat. How much are they in Joanns around you? Here they were $70.00! I have never seen them that high-I'm thinking they jumped the price for the weekend. You know how everything is higher at your LQS, they were priced at $59.00 here. She did, of course, have a coupon for Joanns. Just curious on the pricing in your area.
    Old 11-30-2013, 06:44 AM

Went to Joann's about 9, crowd wasn't bad. They had a big supply of everything. My sil wanted me to pick her up a sewing table. The staff took it to the checkout and loaded it into my car! Bought thread and lefty scissors for GD....also some other small items....the staff were great, all were pleasant....going late like I did, no craziness.....I went to Walmart on Thur night........CRAZY idea. : )
    Old 11-30-2013, 07:11 AM

could you get the free shipping to work? I ordered a bolt of Warm and White and it would not kick in.
    Contacted customer service who gave me a number to call which I did. The woman I talked with said it was over 30 minutes since my order so she couldn't correct it. I am calling back, because I called as soon as I heard from them. Shipping was $22 so that made me pretty mad.
    Old 11-30-2013, 07:19 AM

I didn't go but we did drive by. The whole parking lot for Joanns and Target was packed!! I don't need anything at the moment that I wanted to go. I will need some batting when the crowd thins out.