Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help!  Need ideas for this crazy thing I want to do..... >
  • Help! Need ideas for this crazy thing I want to do.....

• Help! Need ideas for this crazy thing I want to do.....

Old 12-12-2013, 08:34 AM

Use it as a center point to weave fibers (yarn, fabric tubes) through like a web. Place it on a complimenting fabric background and hole could be a "peekaboo" for another jewel or embroidery. Stiching around outside edges would keep it in place. I could see this as a purse front, wall hanging, or throw pillow.
    Old 12-12-2013, 08:38 AM

sorry, I have no ideas, but I am amazed by the creativity, imagination and whimsical creation ideas by the members! You are truly amazing!
    Old 12-12-2013, 08:59 AM

Goodness me, what wonderful ideas for using your wedding ring.Whichever one you use may it ease your heart. Love Letty
    Old 12-12-2013, 09:46 AM
    pal

First thing that came to mind was two dogs fighting over a "pull toy", the ring being the toy. Well, that's different....
    Old 12-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Hey, everybody, and thank you so much for all of your good ideas! To respond to some, my daughter and son wouldn't want it since their dad has pretty much pushed them out of his life----they were part of the "old" life and he has a new one...or something like that. Makes no sense to me. I'm long since over the whole thing and just looking to do something creative with a ring I love---not so much ALL of the memories, but I had some great ones and I love the ring too...... I love the underwater scene idea, the two dogs playing tug with it woven into the middle somehow (I think I just combined two ideas) and everything else. Keep the ideas coming and I'll enjoy reading!!!! Terri
    Old 12-13-2013, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by pal
    First thing that came to mind was two dogs fighting over a "pull toy", the ring being the toy. Well, that's different....
    That IS a great idea!!
    Old 12-13-2013, 04:57 AM

keep it and incorporate it into a quilt you will give your EX if he remarries.
    Old 12-13-2013, 07:35 AM

It seems as if you like and want to " honor" the ring by putting it into your work. I think "found" objects are cool, too, in quilt art, but if I'm reading correctly, it means more to you than something you just found, even though the marriage is over. I think if you added it to your work, it will always be there, in front of you, part of your life. As if saying that you loved the ring ( and perhaps the marriage) so much, you designed a whole art piece around it - what an honor !Is that what you wanted it to be? If it were me, and I really didn't want to get whatever money I could from it, I'd keep it in a box, not part of my work. Just my opinion.

Last edited by quiltmom04; 12-13-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 AM

NanaCsews2, this is something I have in my list of things to do. Hubby inherited a lot of wedding rings when his mother died. They are from grandparents and others, and to be honest we don't know who they are all from. I am going to make a Tree of Life wall hanging and hang the wedding bands on that tree. They are so beautiful in their simplicity that it is a shame to keep them stashed in a box. I think it could be a great solution for teacherbailey and maybe she has some other small momentoes she could add to that wall hanging.

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2
    A Family Tree Wallhanging and place the ring in an inconspicuous area as it was part of your life-like maybe underneath a loose leaf hanging on a branch. If you have children, certainly the ring means something to them and it is possible they won't have a problem with the ring on the Family Tree. To want to incorporate a symbol of your past marriage into your life, having the ring on a Family Tree Wallhanging in plain site may or may not be an issue with you. Doesn't sound like you are asking for a negative solution, just something creative.
    Old 12-13-2013, 09:14 AM
    Power Poster

I think the suggestions have been excellent but I would take in it and see what the ring is worth. If you sold it, you could buy a lot of fabric or notions with the cash !!