Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
need creative ideas... for small gifts >

need creative ideas... for small gifts

need creative ideas... for small gifts

Old 03-12-2014, 06:31 AM

How about a holder for their knitting and crochet needles?
Old 03-12-2014, 12:34 PM

thank you all for the wonderful ideas and suggestions.

an executive decision has been made. and let me say, it was not an easy decision to make.

drum roll......... ththtththththththththththththt

i will be making mug rugs for the masses!!!
there are a few ladies who i'm closer to, they shall receive a snappy coin purse to put their notions in. i'll be using this tutorial: http://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/2013/4...from-sewcanshe

again, thank you for all your help in narrowing down the possibilities
Old 03-12-2014, 01:00 PM

A nice gratitude note for them would be loved by them and kept for many years. Also here is a link for making cute bookmarks http://craftsnob/2011/09/bookmarks-and-journal-wraps/
I plan on making a bunch of them. There is also a tute on these. quick, easy and inexpensive.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
If I was going to get a small gift from someone in a creative group like that, I could probably make what they gave me. And I don't mean that to be mean, but what I would like is a personal note saying what they would remember about me as a friend. Perhaps I helped them with appliqué or brought a good appetizer for the group. Think about what makes each friend special, and create a note card for them with a special message. For the handful of special ladies, have them over for lunch and tell them how special they all are. At this point in my life, I don't need more "quick gifts", but I do love thank you notes!
The personal note is exactly what I was thinking!

If you want to make it a little more special ... make the note card!
A PP miniature or photograph of a quilt/project that you have done would be nice on the front.

One year for Christmas, the photo inserts I used were pics of my friends throughout the year. That went over really well ... and would be something you could do too.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
The tissue holders works up quickly. I also like the crocheted scrubbies. The little fabric boxes are quick and fun to make.
Can you please tell me where I can find the pattern for the crocheted scrubbies? My kids like them when I gift them with an embroidered dish towel and a knitted dish cloth, but I have only been able to find them once in a while at a craft fair. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:44 PM

The ten minute table runner really only takes ten minutes. I have the fabric shop cut the fabrics to the right size and zip they are done. I co-ordinate the fabrics of each one. I got raves for them.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by sharin'Sharon View Post
Can you please tell me where I can find the pattern for the crocheted scrubbies? My kids like them when I gift them with an embroidered dish towel and a knitted dish cloth, but I have only been able to find them once in a while at a craft fair. Thank you in advance.
Just google crocheted scrubbies and you should get a pattern
Old 03-12-2014, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by sharin'Sharon View Post
Here is the one I use and like.
http://cody-simplyhomemade.blogspot....alpattern.html
Old 03-13-2014, 02:18 AM

I received this as a gift a few years ago and loved it so I made it for my Sunday School Class last year and they loved it. It is a finished 2" square pouch with a wooden cross inside. This poem is sewn to the top of the pouch. You put your name on the bottom of the poem. If you like it and would like to use it I have the poem already set up with 9 on a sheet. All you would have to do is change the name on the bottom. You can in box me. if you're interested.

This “Pocket Prayer Quilt”
Was made especially for you to slip into your pocket. Throughout the day when your fingers touch the cross that is tucked inside the quilt be mindful of God’s love and grace for you. Keep it as a tangible symbol of God’s presence as a reminder of prayers that are being said for you each day.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:03 AM

well, with all your talents! You sure should end up with something really great.
Empty spools & metal bobbins can be made into necklaces & even bobbin earrings. Also key chains.
Stop at Goodwill, & pick up an item that reminds you of each of your friends, & turn it into a pin cushion. I'd like some kind of frog! myself!
A pretty sachet ,sewn, knitted or crocheted.