Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Bailey Home Quilter on a frame >

New Bailey Home Quilter on a frame

New Bailey Home Quilter on a frame

Old 09-09-2015, 05:45 PM

Cathy - I feel your pain about thread. I have over 15 cones of Maxi-Lock thread that all my machines love -- from the 1938 Featherweight up to the 2014 Janome 8900. But not the Bailey. Just my luck that the machine that will use more thread than any other won't take the Maxi-Lock. It's the brand the professional long-armer in the next town uses. I don't much care for cotton thread, but might not have a choice. Right now I'm using a mini-cone of Coats and Clarks' quilting cotton thread and the Bailey is humming right along. At least it's allowing me to use the Maxi-Lock in the bobbin. For that I am grateful.
I hope you find something affordable for your new baby.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Altairss View Post
Curious how you like the frame I saw one local for sale but was not familiar with it?
Since this is the only frame I have, I don't have any comparison. But it's sturdy and with a couple of modifications is working well with the Bailey. I purchased it because it can be set up for any length. I shortened the conduit to 104" which means I can quilt a full 96". The other reason was this is supposed to be easily disassembled/ reassembled for storage between uses. But I don't think so -- at least by myself. I can see two people doing it in 15 - 20 minutes, but not one person.
But all in all, I'm happy with the frame.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:48 PM

Congrats.... I have the 17'' love it! There is a learning curve,it will take some time.But dont you just love quilting your top yourself? My quilting is not perfect but I am also learning. Maybe one day I could upgrade , but for now I am happy. Good luck.