Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Mac and cheese >

Mac and cheese

Mac and cheese

Old 01-31-2018, 03:31 PM

I found this recipe the other day and tried it. Cook 2 cups of elbow macaroni to soft. While cooking mix 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup of mayonnaise (recipe calls for Duke but not available so used regular mayo), 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I used sharp) and salt and pepper. When macaroni is done stir into other ingredients, mix well and place in casserole dish sprayed with oil. Top with crushed Ritz crackers or bread crumbs and cook for 30 minutes in 350 oven. I wasn't sure how it would taste with mayo and sour cream but it is great and my husband loved it.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:26 PM

If I reheat soup in my IP, I push “SOUP” and before long, it’s hot and bubbling. I push the cancel button and then push “SLOW COOKER” and it slow cooks. I bought a glass lid separately for this. No pressure involved.

Using the pressure cover locked in place, MEAT/STEW cycle takes 25minutes (plus pressure release time) but you can increase or decrease time to suit yourself. Handbook is not real helpful, in my opinion. DD is an excellent cook with hers & no previous experience. She watched some YouTubes and learned so much, so I suggest you do that too.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
i think I read here awhile back, something about purchasing shredded cheeses having cellulose, or whatever the chem word for plastics is, to keep it from sticking together, probably why it doesn't melt well. Since reading that info, I only buy brick cheeses!
Far as I know, cellulose is sawdust. Eeewww! After finding that on the package I began shredding my own and it actually tastes better. Not as convenient, that’s for sure.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
Far as I know, cellulose is sawdust. Eeewww! After finding that on the package I began shredding my own and it actually tastes better. Not as convenient, that’s for sure.
cellulose is just the fiber that is found in all plants. I buy shredded soft cheese but grate my own Italian hard cheese.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:04 AM

This is the recipe that I use in instant pot for Mac and cheese. Do modify it some for personal taste. Etc sharp cheese
http://www.jeanneguinn.com/amazing-7...er-mac-cheese/