Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Bucket List? >
  • Quilting Bucket List?

• Quilting Bucket List?

Old 02-06-2018, 03:23 AM

Like QuiltNan and Macybaby, I have a folder on my computer for inspiration and ideas...not necessarily “have to” dos. However, each January I make a list on poster board of the projects that I want to do, a list of goals and any UFO’s. For instance, 2018 has a collage project as a “goal”, finish my Gypsy wife as a “UFO” and a Doug Leko quilt as my 2018 quilt project. Other things on my list are Long Time Gone which we are working on as a guild project. I also include any baby quilts and wedding gifts that need to be done.
    Old 02-06-2018, 04:55 AM

I'm thinking that there is a need to start a notebook or binder with great patterns for myself. My fabric is plentiful and needs to be matched up with a pattern for a bucket list. Bearpaw, spiderweb, granny squares, tulip baskets etc. I don't need to make full bed sized quilts all the time, but throw quilts and a size larger would be a good idea to use up my fabric faster, and master some of these patterns.
    Old 02-06-2018, 05:00 AM

Yes, I have a bucket list- I keep mine in a 3-ring binder. It cannot expand beyond that space. If I really want to add one I might need to take one out. I have lots of pictures on my computer and phone for color ideas and quilting ideas. My problem, just like everyone else, is time. This year I changed my home management schedule to an eight day cycle instead of seven. I also scheduled by sewing time. I usually spend about four hours a day in my sewing room. One day is to sew for my guild; one day for a charitable craft fair I participate in; one day for UFO's; the rest of the days for personal and gift things. So far, it is working well. I seem to do better with a goal for each day. I really do want to do some of the things on the bucket list-so, I am trying to be more organized. Wish me luck!
    Old 02-06-2018, 05:20 AM

No lists for me. No notes, rarely pictures. I don't label my quilts. I just make whatever strikes my fancy most of the time. Some days I will spend hours on the computer looking for inspiration - usually find it.
    Old 02-06-2018, 05:20 AM

I have a bucket list on my Pinterest. Its full of 'one day' quilt pins. Who knows if I'll ever get to them all, but its fun looking and pinning away
    I do have a written list of quilts I want to make/finish this year. I have tried to keep it realistic. Hopefully I can stick to it.
    Old 02-06-2018, 05:42 AM
    Power Poster

I have a bucket list but it's in my head and it's always changing. I also save things in my computer files. I know I won't live long enough to do everything I want to do
    Old 02-06-2018, 06:16 AM

My bucket list is in my closet............lots of PIGS (projects in grocery sacks). After cleaning and re-organizing my sewing room, I am ashamed of all I have accumulated for the "some day I will get around-to-it". Now is the time to do it and stay on track. I have purged some projects, books and patterns to make it less over whelming and the task begins!
    Old 02-06-2018, 07:36 AM

I had a 'bucket' bulletin board with pics. It has now grown into a file cabinet (and still have the board). I figure I will need at least 4 lifetimes to complete it!
    Old 02-06-2018, 08:19 AM

Over the years I have had several lists. Funny story, I came across one from a few years ago and I had made all of them! I joined a group last year called "12 in 12". We listed our ufo's and not having 12, I also listed kits I had put together. We met once a month and I found I was much more focused. I will join again this year.
    Old 02-06-2018, 09:16 AM

As usual I looked on Google to find the "Red Garnet" pattern. Hundreds came up! All red, but which one is it!!? LOL