Windows 7 anyone?

Old 07-01-2020, 08:12 AM

I also missed Windows 7, but I have grown to like Windows 10, but nothing will ever get me to like Edge. I use Firefox all the time and have it set as my default browser on all my computers. As others have stated, I wouldn't try to return to 7, but make 10 work for you.

While I love new technology, there are times when I miss my Royal typewriter that I used at my first newspaper job. The only problem it ever had was while its operator could type very quickly it often produced "xksejkdsfjklewa" every now and then.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rob The HOAQ
While I love new technology, there are times when I miss my Royal typewriter that I used at my first newspaper job. The only problem it ever had was while its operator could type very quickly it often produced "xksejkdsfjklewa" every now and then.
Oh, me too! Before I retired I worked in a Chiropractor's office and used a Brother electric typewriter to fill out patient forms. I loved that thing! Took me back to my Junior high typing class (I'm really dating myself, aren't I? ) I wish I had a nickle for every time a patient said,"Is that a typewriter I hear?? That's so old school, why don't you just use the computer?" Well, because the forms didn't fit, Doc didn't want to change them, and besides, what's wrong with old school?

I did hate to change the ribbon in it though.

Last edited by SherylM; 07-01-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:09 AM

My kids bought me a new 10 a few years back. I tried using it but found it too hard to navigate. When my windows 7 I think it is screen went out I took the monitor off the 10 and now don’t use 10 at all.