Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dating a Singer Treadle >

Dating a Singer Treadle

Dating a Singer Treadle

Old 05-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by smitty
you can clean & refurbish this yourself. have fun with it. decals like the originals can not be replaced. I am curious about the ones posted.
I dont know how I missed this post and I am sorry to answer you so late.

But here is the post for the Decals I made in the For Sale section

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-44304-1.htm

I have a few sets left but if you need more information then PM me and I will help you out.

Billy
Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCquilts
Well, the treadle is still in the back seat of my car.. Need help getting it inside. My son's eyes just roll back in his head every time he sees me drive up with yet another treadle machine in my car. I just realized that, even with 6 treadles, this is the first SINGER treadle that I have...Ill take pics of the little black one, but its not really a show piece, it has a dull black finish instead of the shiny black and no decals, just the Singer name. But it was so cute and the thimbles are worth way more than the machine.. Nothing like buying a machine for under $12 and getting $50 worth of thimbles in the deal...LOL
My wife is the same way when the door bell rings LOL!!! And your right you can not beat $12 for a machine at all. Just post photos when you get a chance and we can see what we are working with. But it sounds like you had a great day today!!!

Billy
Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
I collect then. Have 4. I didn't know there was a site to get info on machines. I'll have to check it out. Thanks
If you have 2 of them then your a collector, didnt you know that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 05-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well, the treadle is still in the back seat of my car.. Need help getting it inside. My son's eyes just roll back in his head every time he sees me drive up with yet another treadle machine in my car. I just realized that, even with 6 treadles, this is the first SINGER treadle that I have...Ill take pics of the little black one, but its not really a show piece, it has a dull black finish instead of the shiny black and no decals, just the Singer name. But it was so cute and the thimbles are worth way more than the machine.. Nothing like buying a machine for under $12 and getting $50 worth of thimbles in the deal...LOL
My wife is the same way when the door bell rings LOL!!! And your right you can not beat $12 for a machine at all. Just post photos when you get a chance and we can see what we are working with. But it sounds like you had a great day today!!!

Billy
OK , I posted pics in the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.. I was so hungry from the auction that I needed the goodies you guys serve over there. Thanks in advance for any help identifying that little guy.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

OK , I posted pics in the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.. I was so hungry from the auction that I needed the goodies you guys serve over there. Thanks in advance for any help identifying that little guy.
Guys if you have not seen them yet you need one of the quilted drool bibs first so you wont slobber up her machines!!!

Oh I just started a fresh pot of coffee (my special brew :mrgreen: ) and there are cookies and coffee cake!!

Billy