Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with new machine >

Help with new machine

Help with new machine

Old 04-26-2010, 02:13 PM

Hey, You've tackled the hardest part, getting started! Hope it comes home from the "hospital" soon and works great.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

I agree you are past the "hard" part ... you took that deep breath and tackled it head on... you conquered your fears :thumbup: Hope the shop gets your baby fixed quickly :lol: And when you go pick her up ask for some guidance before you leave
Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Pam

So, you had to leave it at the dealer. Better than in the closet!!!! For sure! I am thinking you are WAY ahead of the curve. Trust me, you are gonna LOVE that front load bobbin!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Momwood
You will NEVER believe this! I finally got the courage to try, thanks to you all, and I got it all out and tried to calibrate the embroidery module and it wouldn't respond so I called and the dealer tried to talk me through it and that didn't work so I had my husband take "us" in and the dealer said that something is wrong with my machine and I had to leave it. What luck! Anyway--- there you go--- my progress --- zero.
:? :?
But your progress is that you approached it, had it diagnosed, and you're getting it fixed.

By this point, you'll be a pro at working it when it's "healthy!"
Old 04-26-2010, 03:23 PM

I know how you feel 'cause I felt the same way when I had my Bernina. Jump in and start playing and it will get easier.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:47 PM

Getting the machine fixed is a pain in the patootey but it explains why you were having so many problems. When it gets home, you'll be able to get going with it!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

My reply to the Quilt Cut 2 post is like what you did with your machine. I couldn't get accurate cuts, got frustrated and didn't use it. I finally talked to a vendor and we discovered that my size guide wasn't right. She is sending me a new one. If I hadn't decided to voice my frustration the system would still be unused and a big waste. All this time I thought it was me that was the problem. :? :?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 PM

Glad to hear you tackled it and found out IT had the problem. I took a class on a Gammil long arm last week and it has the front load bobbin. It's such an advantage. I bet you'll find the same on your new Bernina. Have lots and lots of fun!!
DI

PS ~ How about naming her April?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:38 PM

You got a great machine. I have the 630 with BSR and Embroidery. I did not touch the Embroidery stuff for about a year until I could get a class and learn how to use it. Come to think of it, I waited on the BSR until I could take a class too.

I like the front load bobbin, you can change it out with a quilt on the top of the machine, and it's easier to pop out.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 AM

Momwood, I understand your frustration. I also bought a new Bernina 440 and have been struggling with it. I took a couple of simple classes and I am not having much luck with all the features. Everyone tells me that It will come just keep playing with it. I would love to have the information for the Yahoo bernina group. Thanks, Karole

FREE Quilting Newsletter