Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A Very Sad & Disappointing Story with A Happy Ending >

A Very Sad & Disappointing Story with A Happy Ending

A Very Sad & Disappointing Story with A Happy Ending

Old 07-22-2011, 06:36 PM

It amazes me that some people can be so incredibly rude!! I am very pleased that your lovely quilt found a "good home" where it will be appreciated! I try to make sure that my quilt will be appreciated before I gift it to someone, but sometimes I get fooled too!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:42 PM

No matter what you do nor how hard you work to please, you must remember the world is full of ignorant, ungrateful, tacky people. It is most important to not let it get you down. So happy you had the backbone to ask for it back and to give it to someone who appreciates not only the beautiful quilt but you for making it for her baby. While I could excuse a 10yr old niece (with a little reprimand) I cannot tolerate grownups who act like ill mannered children.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 PM

Since I look at the QB almost everyday, I have been asking myself if I should just BUY gifts, including quilts, rather than take the time, and pay all of the money for materials, when most people don't understand the love and time we put into the making of a quilt? I found my answer. I will be making art quilts for me and quilts for those who I KNOW value them as I do. If I was given some, say, golf clubs by a person who played golf every day and loved golf, would I want them? No. Of course I would be polite and say "thank you" and " I know how much you love golf so thank you for that." so why should I expect someone to value quilts I make? Most people want a store bought thing so that's what they get. I have now freed up a lot of my time. I have now cleared up a lot of my "to do" list. I will give gift certificates and they will be happy and I will have more time for me. Their loss. My gain.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:18 PM

Good for you. Pretty quilt
Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 PM

OH MY!!! That is a beautiful quilt, you did a wonderful job on it.... I love all the little hearts and the colors are perfect for a baby..so glad that you found a good home for it..
Old 07-22-2011, 08:55 PM

It's a beautiful little quilt. And you're right, it's in the right home now.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Dee

I'm so happy your beautiful quilt has found a happy home, where it will be loved and cared for as it should.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:15 PM

Beautiful quilt and that 1st young lady is a spoiled brat !!And I wouldn't have given her another gift either
Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 PM

It's a beautiful quilt and it is now "home". It's where it's meant to be. So maybe it's like a modern-day parable? God works in mysterious ways and we certainly don't like our feelings tromped on for an ingrate but it's loved now and "home".Blessings.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Phyl
Since I look at the QB almost everyday, I have been asking myself if I should just BUY gifts, including quilts, rather than take the time, and pay all of the money for materials, when most people don't understand the love and time we put into the making of a quilt? I found my answer. I will be making art quilts for me and quilts for those who I KNOW value them as I do. If I was given some, say, golf clubs by a person who played golf every day and loved golf, would I want them? No. Of course I would be polite and say "thank you" and " I know how much you love golf so thank you for that." so why should I expect someone to value quilts I make? Most people want a store bought thing so that's what they get. I have now freed up a lot of my time. I have now cleared up a lot of my "to do" list. I will give gift certificates and they will be happy and I will have more time for me. Their loss. My gain.
Yes! I figured this same thing out a while ago. I use my time for people I care about and who value my time and effort. I also do not sew for money as it takes the enjoyment out of the project.