Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I Dare You!..... >

I Dare You!.....

I Dare You!.....

Old 06-02-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
I must admit...I enjoy coming here each day and seeing what new pics have been added..and the funny comments...lol.

But, I notice a lot of you look like you have a kind of folding table/trestle as your sewing table. I don't know what you call them in various parts - but I'm refering to what I can see in vjengels pics above (with the filing cabinent under it). I've thought about getting one when I get my sewing room and just wondered how stable they are to sew on. I looked at one here at a camping store and it felt quite shaky. Maybe your's are all a little more solid - or maybe it doesn't create a problem at all.
I have that table. It shakes a bit when I use my serger but I've never had a problem with it otherwise.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:55 PM

My cutting table is a 7 ft. banquet table I snitched from my DH. I have a sewing table with the custom cut insert, it vibrates when I sew fast. As long as I go med. speed, no problem.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 PM

Thanks Lisa and Marsye..I'll have to have a good look around anyway before deciding, but I just wondered. I know hubby would make me one too if I wanted
Old 06-02-2010, 06:49 PM

I have a Koala Outback and love it. Just wish I had more space to put the back up permanently. My only complaint is that it's too low for cutting. I use a drop leaf table (the white one that they sell at Hancock's and JoAnn's) for cutting. I'm tall and need the height. Check it out and if you like it, buy it when they have a 50% off coupon.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by mrsdralshhadeh
I have truly enjoyed going through each page,, but question for you ladies,,, ok,, we women think men are more messy than we r,,, so,, explain to me how Eddies area is clean,,and some of the others are,,, how do we say it,,, nicely,, welll,,,, "cluttered"...lol Just asking my friends,, and to know that you can work, and create beautiful peices from there,, wow,,amazes me!!!! But I loved getting a peek into all of your rooms!!! I can not wait to get home and have one for me!!!! I hope I did not make anyone upset,, :cry:
Lol, you did not upset me, I can say that much. As cluttered and chaotic as my sewing room is, it's sadly neater than my husband's side of the bed, his tool closet or the attic and basement (which he "keeps"). But the rest of our house is kept neat so I think my sewing room takes the fall for the rest of the house's sake, lol.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:07 AM

I have a lovely sewing table and for cutting I went to Sam's Club and bought an Adjustable Banquet Table it's on 4 feet long but adjusts for Height I love it, My Mom is 5' and I'm 5'9" so it's nice to be able to adjust the height and it was only $40.00.

Adjustable 4' Table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77983[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77978.jpe  
Old 06-03-2010, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
I must admit...I enjoy coming here each day and seeing what new pics have been added..and the funny comments...lol.

But, I notice a lot of you look like you have a kind of folding table/trestle as your sewing table. I don't know what you call them in various parts - but I'm refering to what I can see in vjengels pics above (with the filing cabinent under it). I've thought about getting one when I get my sewing room and just wondered how stable they are to sew on. I looked at one here at a camping store and it felt quite shaky. Maybe your's are all a little more solid - or maybe it doesn't create a problem at all.
the tables I have are from an old job; they were going to throw them away after they closed a branch. You can order them from an office supply store, this type might seem a little expensive, but the one is 8ft long and the other is 6 ft. I weigh around 185, and stand on them more often than you'd think to get into my stash, so these are pretty sturdy; BTW when we have family dinners, or parties, the 8ft gets called into service
Old 06-03-2010, 05:45 AM

LOL!this thread is hilarious! I just read it from the last page to the first. I'm trying to avoid cleaning! I have about a 9x9 area of our bedroom....right beside dh's desk so his stuff often ends up on my machine table. Then there's a pile of his clean clothes that need to be put up. I'm trying to finish up the 2nd memorial top and then to quilt them. No one can ever accuse me of being neat!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78000.jpe  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:54 AM

I don't even have a sewing room to photograph. My machine is in the kitchen, and I use the table to cut. Ah, well. Someday the kids will be moved out and I might have a room of my own. (Dreaming!!! :lol: )
Old 06-03-2010, 06:10 AM

dreaming of a space to call ur own or the kids moving out? i have one who keeps moving out and back in! at least he has not brought more with him! LOL