Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 AM
dd

Sorry Dreamer, that's not the right song. It's a Christmas song. I have heard it once or twice on Serius #147 radio. It's says something about, your sugar and spice and everything nice, your daddy's little girl. That's the only line I can remember right now. It's very old. I'll be 50 this year and I'm sure it was out before then. My dad is like 83, I think. Not sure who recorded it.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!

It's here my secret santa package is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more waiting by the mailbox, no more watching the mailman pull up with fear in his eyes, no more hiding my bottles that were keeping me warm will waiting outside. No more feeling left out and forgotten. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so very happy, I don't even care if the box only contains air someone thought enough about me to send me a Christmas gift and the feeling of warm holiday wishes.

Lisa
Oh Good!!!! I was going to head your way this morning, but now I guess I can unpack. See, your SS buddy just didn't want you to be tempted for too many days or weeks. Now you have lots of time to bake for the party on Sunday! Oooohhhh! I had better get busy making snickerdoodles for all of us to enjoy.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
Sorry Dreamer, that's not the right song. It's a Christmas song. I have heard it once or twice on Serius #147 radio. It's says something about, your sugar and spice and everything nice, your daddy's little girl. That's the only line I can remember right now. It's very old. I'll be 50 this year and I'm sure it was out before then. My dad is like 83, I think. Not sure who recorded it.
I can't find anywhere.
are you sure that is the title ?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:48 AM

Thanks grann of 6! I would have loved to have seen your little puppies and had a few of those snickerdoodles with you at the mail box, maybe next year. ( you know I could always hide the package and pretend I didn't get it then you could come anyway. I love snickerdoodles and little doggies too)

DD can you go into the serius playlist and search for the song and title? I don't have serius radio so I don't even know if its possible but you could always try.

Lisa

Last edited by ljs317; 12-08-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Thanks grann of 6! I would have loved to have seen your little puppies and had a few of those snickerdoodles with you at the mail box, maybe next year. ( you know I could always hide the package and pretend I didn't get it then you could come anyway. I love snickerdoodles and little doggies too)

DD can you go into the serius playlist and search for the song and title? I don't have serius radio so I don't even know if its possible but you could always try.

Lisa
Just to warn you....my little puppies happen to be a Great Dane and a Rottweiler mix.

And as far as that song, I know I have heard it, but don't remember where. I almost think I remember the Oak Ridge Boys singing it. I can't find my album but I will look some more.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:22 AM

Is this one it? it says Elvis also did it?

Your the end of a rainbow My pot of gold
Your daddy's little girl To have and hold
A precious gem is what you are
Your mommy's life and shining star
Your the spirit of Christmas My star on the tree
Your the Easter bunny To mommy and me
Your sugar your spice Your everything nice
And your daddy's little girl
Your the end of a rainbow My pot of gold
Your daddy's little girl To have and hold
A precious gem is what you are
Your mommy's life and shining star
Your the spirit of Christmas My star on the tree
Your the Easter bunny To mommy and me
Your sugar your spice Your everything nice
And your daddy's little girl
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/daddys-li...s-presley.html ]

Last edited by Short an Sweet; 12-08-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:34 AM

Yes, short an sweet, that is the one I remember. And I do vaguely remember Elvis singing it, probably after his daughter was born.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:43 AM

I am still not liking the new features on QB. I will prpbably soon be demoted because my posts are way down.
This is the only sight I am on every day to see how things are. I cannot wait till Sunday. My package is on the treadle of my machine....the pups have chewed on a corner of the paper but it is still in on piece. To my secret pal thank you in advance, look for my post after for a proper thanks.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui View Post
I am still not liking the new features on QB. I will prpbably soon be demoted because my posts are way down.
This is the only sight I am on every day to see how things are. I cannot wait till Sunday. My package is on the treadle of my machine....the pups have chewed on a corner of the paper but it is still in on piece. To my secret pal thank you in advance, look for my post after for a proper thanks.
I will admit it has been rather time consuming visiting the various sites, but I am finding it easier all the time as I get used to it. To me, it's not any different than getting a new sewing machine with all the bells and whistles on it. Takes a while to learn how to use them, but after a while you wonder how you did without all those fancy stitches. I love a challenge and look at these "improvements" as a wonderful challenge to an old lady's brain. It keeps us young. I am still bothered, though, with the fact that when I started a new blog I cannot turn the pages to see what I may have missed, can go backwards but not forward. It has been a little disconcerting, and I guess Patrice feels it is a very minimal problem, because it still is not fixed. But I will just keep on keeping on. There are enough stresses in our daily lives that I don't need to add this to it, just not that important.
Am LOVING all my new friends here at SS.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I will admit it has been rather time consuming visiting the various sites, but I am finding it easier all the time as I get used to it. To me, it's not any different than getting a new sewing machine with all the bells and whistles on it. Takes a while to learn how to use them, but after a while you wonder how you did without all those fancy stitches. I love a challenge and look at these "improvements" as a wonderful challenge to an old lady's brain. It keeps us young. I am still bothered, though, with the fact that when I started a new blog I cannot turn the pages to see what I may have missed, can go backwards but not forward. It has been a little disconcerting, and I guess Patrice feels it is a very minimal problem, because it still is not fixed. But I will just keep on keeping on. There are enough stresses in our daily lives that I don't need to add this to it, just not that important.
Am LOVING all my new friends here at SS.
grann
when SS is over and PDA's don't work
anymore we can stay on here ...lol