Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 AM

I want to thank a few people for the nice cards and goodies I rec'd in today's mail. The angel is from an Angel Stitcher, the button is from Bruce and the Caring heart is from Donna (DConroy84), thank you all for being so thoughtful and caring, I just love this whole board!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339883[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0113-640x480-.jpg  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Sounds like my sp will be getting honey, so thanks everyone! As for me I would love anything canned! My canner has been busy already this summer! Beans, beans and more beans! LOL! Made my son some pepper sauce also, the hotter the better for him!
Darlene, you know Lori was very tired from her camping trip and she forgot to let you know that you should send ALL honey to me. The baby monkeys really like it, even though it gets stuck in their fur.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
Darlene and Krystyna I would love to get some fresh honey or beach plum jam - I'll have to find my recipe for english muffin type bread so I'm ready when my package arrives.
Oh yeah, send it on!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Marytoddliz~we were in the Boom swap a few months back together....this swap is ALOT more fun I can tell you and we have a GREAT time on here...glad you joined us
yep this swap is a lot more fun and i also was in the boom swap with the both of you. this swap has a lot of budding comedians, some that are just plain nuts, some that will keep you laughing, many many kindhearted and thoughtful folks here. yes this is a great group of swappers, like one big happy family with a weird aunt or cousin or two..
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Swap Hosts

Seriously. What the heck is a boom swap???

Cupid, those lacey bits are so sweet!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Seriously. What the heck is a boom swap???
it is a 4 month block swap hosted by isabella. it is called a boomerang block swap and they are currently up to boom 7. participates send 35 fat eighths (1 per person) to each other. the recipients make their choice of blocks using the focus fabric (and adding some of the own fabric) and mail them back out to the owners of the fabric.

it is a good way to get some blocks made(and a headstart on your quilt) for those fabrics that have been looking at you for a while that you know you want to make something with. there are some truly talented block makers invloved in the swap. i enjoyed my 2 turns at it now i have 70 blocks begging me to get them in a quilt.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
yep this swap is a lot more fun and i also was in the boom swap with the both of you. this swap has a lot of budding comedians, some that are just plain nuts, some that will keep you laughing, many many kindhearted and thoughtful folks here. yes this is a great group of swappers, like one big happy family with a weird aunt or cousin or two..
i'm sorry....do we know you???
Old 06-04-2012, 12:02 PM

I too have 3 lap quilts worth of BOOM blocks that need to be sewn together and quilted and one of them I need to get moving on before my mother visits in July since it's for her....using the BOOM blocks on the front and doing a yellow brick road pattern on the back using the focus fabric from the BOOM blocks.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Swap Hosts

I think I liked my interpretation better. Noisier and more fun. Good for 4th of July! Or anytime, really. Who doesn't like things that go BOOM!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:27 PM

I'm in my first BOOM that is just about over, it is a lot of fun and I got some wonderful blocks, and made what i thought were some awesome blocks. (Hanging head as if shy). This one moves faster. Both have great people involved. You know, I had forgotten that the BOOM was for boomerang!! Thanks. So, now we have BOOM, SP and DQ. Sounds like acronym city!! My DH LOVES Honey!!