Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hand Quilting >

Hand Quilting

Hand Quilting

Old 07-02-2011, 04:19 AM

I absolutely love your quilts. I am working of my first ever quilt. It's a Grandmothers Garden hand stitched hexagon quilt. I've been working on it for 2 years and that's just the top. I have no idea how I'm going to get it quilted together with batting and a back once I get the top finished. I saw the Grandmothers Garden hexagon pattern online and got this bright idea to start one. I recently started working on a Sunbonnet Sue quilt that, so far, I've only managed to fuse the pattern pieces onto the solid pieces of fabric. However, after I put all of these pieces together, I thought it would have been alot better if I would have appliqued the pattern pieces. Hmmm, might have to start all over. I found a crazy quilt online last week and fell in love with it. I saw a quilt online made out of mens neckties, what a crazy quilt they would make? I think that will be my next project to start. I've read online that any good quilter has at least 3-4 projects going at one time. I hope, one day, to be a good quilter. Practice doesn't have to make me perfect.....I'd just like to do a descent job. Wish me luck! I tried to start a Crazy Quilting MeetUp in my area but so far, I've had no takers. But, I'm not getting frustrated. I love quilting and plan to make this a life long hobby.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:25 AM

I just started hand quilting. I'm working on a Grandmothers Garden hand stitched hexagon paper pieced quilt. This is my first project. I live in Baltimore City, are you near the city. If so, would it be possible for you to help me with my quilt. I hope it isn't too forward of me to ask for help. I've tried numerous times to find someone who can help but so far, no takers. I am planning on going to a quilting class at a shop in Catonsville, it starts in July. I hope you are able to offer some assistance. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:19 AM

beautiful quilts. I really like the butterfly and would like to know where I can find the pattern.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:32 AM

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE, your hand quilting! I'm with you on the whole hand-quilting experience. That's all I've ever done ~ it's the way I learned, and the way I get the most pleasure from it. True it takes hours, but there is a personal reward that the noisy machines just can't give me. My hands are an expression of my heart!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:28 AM

Your work is spectacular! The first quilt is a marvelous work of art. Love all of the quilts you shared. Keep up doing handwork as long as you can.

Kat
Old 07-03-2011, 10:07 AM

incredible
Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 AM

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.
You are one talented woman and not afraid of busy work.
Wow...
Old 07-03-2011, 04:00 PM

Your work is beautiful. I love to hand piece.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:02 PM

Gorgeous work Rhuella! Just WOW! I will say that I enjoy both machine and hand quilting. I've recently completed my first hand quilted quilt (queen size), and I would not want all of my quilts hand quilted. HOWEVER, I will now always want to have a hand quilted project going. It's wonderful to have the best of both worlds!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:18 PM

OMGosh!! What wonderful, beautiful quilting, I love all of it, nice work!!!