Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-07-2010, 05:03 AM

Yep, no more long nights or sleep ins for me. I usually wake up every 2-3 hours.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Not me I am a sleeper but when I am done I am done and have to get up but I usually get about 7 hours of sleep before I am up and going.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Yep, no more long nights or sleep ins for me. I usually wake up every 2-3 hours.
ditto.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning my quilting and weightloss family. Today is new day and I have lots to do that i don't want to do. LOL.
I just wanted to say HI and to wish you all a wonderful Sunday or whatever day is it in your part of the world.
I am feeling good this morning even if I was up at 6 am. It will take me 2 weeks to adjust to the time change. I wish they would just do away with it.
I got to visit with my folks last night, we hadn't seen them in 3 weeks. Dad is a long haul truck driver. He looked at me and said how much weight have you lost? He said your face looks smaller and your clothing is baggy. It felt real good to have someone notice. I think I will be getting new clothing for Christmas from them. I will really need them by then.
I will stop rambling now, guess I am in a talkative mood this morn.
I can't remember what is you totoal loss???????????? And how many sizes did you drop??????????? What size do you wear????? It seems I had lost weight but not clothes size. Then out of no where the clothes got bigger yet I hadn't lost weight. It didn't make sense to me.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 AM
Banned

As you can see I am still here, alive and kicking. Last week I hit the dreaded 185 and I said above that was my suicide weight since I PROMISED myself when I went below it I would never get there again. It seems when I would re hit 185 I would gain and gain and be over 200 lbs again. Well since I was out of bed more thia week and able to not live on bread and butter and had real food I would like you to know I LOST 2 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yipppppppeeeeeeeeee

Now I don't know if that counts as a loss to start my fat quilt. I have yet to make any blocks since I was not losing but gained. What do you think so I deserve 2 blocks or not?????????
Old 11-07-2010, 06:09 AM

YIPPEE!!! Yes you definitely should make blocks!. Even one pound is enough to start your quilt.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:18 AM

I think I'm going to do 1 block for each 5?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Banned

Today it is cold and as everyone knows I love soup I am going to make creamy sweet potato recipe will follow........it says fall to me and it is a bright blue cold fall day. I want to cook stuff so I have it for the week incase I an zapped with motors running from the construction and not being able to get out of bed. It is quiet on Sunday at least until the leaf blowers start. There can't be too many more weeks of that.

Creamy Sweet Potato Soup

1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped celery
1 1/2 c water
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp flour
2 c fat free milk

In a pot with the water cook sweet potatoes, celery, onion and spices until potatos are soft. Pour 1/2 of the mixture in a blender along with the flour. Blend until smooth. Pour bake into pot. Add milk and simmer and stir, it will get thick as it cooks. cook for about 5 minutes. If it is too thick for your liking add some more milk or water.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:38 AM

this sounds really good I will be trying it.
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Today it is cold and as everyone knows I love soup I am going to make creamy sweet potato recipe will follow........it says fall to me and it is a bright blue cold fall day. I want to cook stuff so I have it for the week incase I an zapped with motors running from the construction and not being able to get out of bed. It is quiet on Sunday at least until the leaf blowers start. There can't be too many more weeks of that.

Creamy Sweet Potato Soup

1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped celery
1 1/2 c water
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp flour
2 c fat free milk

In a pot with the water cook sweet potatoes, celery, onion and spices until potatos are soft. Pour 1/2 of the mixture in a blender along with the flour. Blend until smooth. Pour bake into pot. Add milk and simmer and stir, it will get thick as it cooks. cook for about 5 minutes. If it is too thick for your liking add some more milk or water.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Tru my total loss is 31lbs. My cloths are 2 sizes to big! I was up to 4X. I wiegh 234.5 now, 4 more pounds and I will be where I was 18yrs. ago. YAY!! I wish I was at 185 like you!!!