Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-10-2010, 07:43 AM

I am waiting for Mike to come get his video games he left here...Do you think I look ready for him to show up? Oh yeah, by the way, it is cold as all get out here today...

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122802.jpe  
Old 11-10-2010, 08:37 AM

Missy
just toss those video games on the front porch and lock the door behind you. He should never even be allowed to see your sweet face again. He doesn't deserve that pleasure.

OK well maybe a big bucket of really cold water by the door and when he comes up on the porch unlock the door and throw it on him and then slam the door and lock it again.

just a thought!

Lisa
Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 AM

I agree. Put the tapes in a box on the bottom step of the porch. Don't answer the door, no matter how loud he pounds. If he stays longer than 2 seconds or is making a fuss, call the police, but don't even open the door or look at him.

They say they are sorry, and right then they are, but they haven't changed. Abusers never change. You have been to hell and back and you have some fragile parts to protect by avoidance.

I've been there...don't give him even a whif that you might change your mind. Put the damn games on the bottom step, lock all the doors and windows. Turn the TV up loud in your room and go in there. He has his tapes and you have your safety. Super important...I'm not joking around. He could get mad and do something worse than throw his mean words around. Don't give him the chance.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I agree. Put the tapes in a box on the bottom step of the porch. Don't answer the door, no matter how loud he pounds. If he stays longer than 2 seconds or is making a fuss, call the police, but don't even open the door or look at him.

They say they are sorry, and right then they are, but they haven't changed. Abusers never change. You have been to hell and back and you have some fragile parts to protect by avoidance.

I've been there...don't give him even a whif that you might change your mind. Put the damn games on the bottom step, lock all the doors and windows. Turn the TV up loud in your room and go in there. He has his tapes and you have your safety. Super important...I'm not joking around. He could get mad and do something worse than throw his mean words around. Don't give him the chance.
I have put the games and the game player on the porch and locked the doors. I will NOT talk to him if he even dares come to the door. I am FINISHED with him! Thank you guys for being so supportive and so helpful. You guys rock!

Missy
Old 11-10-2010, 09:18 AM

Missy you sound so much more yourself.I am so thankful to see that God does answer prayer.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by bronald
Missy you sound so much more yourself.I am so thankful to see that God does answer prayer.
OOH ME TOO!! I am so happy that I feel better.

Missy
Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 AM

I signed up here, but have neglected to keep up with the posts - until today. Wow! What an encouraging and energetic group! Your hands must all be very skinny from all the exercise your fingers get!

For years a friend and I walked at the track at least 5 days a week. We said our cheeks should be very thin from all the talking we did. The rest of us? Not so much! So to the 30 days habit idea - we walked for about 7 years and now - not at all. At least we made it through our kids' middle school and high school years that way.

I do weight watchers and at last night's weigh in was down 2 pounds. Still not as far down as last May, but better. The summer really did me in.

Someone on here is also a petite person - Short and Sweet, maybe? I'm not quite 5' and weigh 170 so we're pretty close. How are you doing?

I was making a quilt block for each pound lost, but decided to make one each time I show any loss at the ww meetings. Gives me something to look forward to. Since I have about 50 more pounds to lose that will be more than enough blocks for ANYTHING.

So ... your encouraging words help ... not only the core members of this group, but also those of us who just check in once in a while! Thanks!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
Missy...
Mike is a loser.
1. He didn't have the guts to break off in person
2. He to cowardly to talk to you in person about being friends.
3. He's toying with your emotions.
You are stronger than that and do not need someone like him in your life.
Tell him to take a long hike....
Let him go, Missy---he's not worth it
Old 11-10-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by JanTx
I signed up here, but have neglected to keep up with the posts - until today. Wow! What an encouraging and energetic group! Your hands must all be very skinny from all the exercise your fingers get!

For years a friend and I walked at the track at least 5 days a week. We said our cheeks should be very thin from all the talking we did. The rest of us? Not so much! So to the 30 days habit idea - we walked for about 7 years and now - not at all. At least we made it through our kids' middle school and high school years that way.

I do weight watchers and at last night's weigh in was down 2 pounds. Still not as far down as last May, but better. The summer really did me in.

Someone on here is also a petite person - Short and Sweet, maybe? I'm not quite 5' and weigh 170 so we're pretty close. How are you doing?

I was making a quilt block for each pound lost, but decided to make one each time I show any loss at the ww meetings. Gives me something to look forward to. Since I have about 50 more pounds to lose that will be more than enough blocks for ANYTHING.

So ... your encouraging words help ... not only the core members of this group, but also those of us who just check in once in a while! Thanks!
I am with WW and weighed in yesterday and lost .8 lbs. I can't believe it!!!! But I guess it's better than gaining. The facilitator told me that was 500 calories off my body so I guess I'm thankful. Have you heard they have a new plan that's coming out on Nov. 28th? I will surely try that, whatever it is. Good luck to you and I know you'll get back to your plan and walking.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 AM

There will be a "new" wwatcher plan revealed on 11/27. Don't know how extensive it will be. Only thing we've heard is that fruits will be free - just as veggies are now. Other than that I hope there's enough change to warrant all the buzz that's been going on about it.