Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st >

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

Old 04-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

the colors in that pincushion are just so crisp and clear. and very nicely stuffed, I might say. beautiful work.
Scrapper, it takes a few days for clearer vision. 2-3. I had a few more surgeries on that eye that's the one with the new cornea. Keep u posted on your success. good luck.
I get so excited to see new pincushions. I gets the creative jucies flowing. We'll be ready for the new sign up soon. I'll be out of the country, of course, on my cruise!!!!! wouldn't it be great if we could all go on one for quilting. that would be so awesome!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Default My version of the pin cushion

I still like the colors of yours better. Oh to have a small one for a key chain would look so cute. I can't imagine making one that small. 3 or 4 acres sounds like a lot till you been there awhile. Seems sometimes my neighbors are right on top of me even with 110 acres total. lol.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02568.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 AM

Both of the cathedral window pincushions are very nice. I haven't tried one either.

Lynnie Are you talking about cataract surgery? My friend in NH had one eye done at least 2 months ago and she is having a hard time with it. Eye is always tearing, burning and now they said that it is a pucker on the retina. It kind of sounds like there is nothing they can do to fix it.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

That last cathedral window pincushion is so pretty too. They are both beautiful. Pretty pins too.

I use to live on a mini farm of about 20 acres of land with a pond.
I have also lived in the city of Chicago growing up, and I much prefer the country life.
I now live on about a half acre of land, but it's all I need now. It's on the same little country road where I would visit my grand parents when little. They use to own most of the land on the road where I live. I am surrounded by family in the other houses, and some friends that I have known since early 20's so it's nice.

It's pretty out today in the 70's and sunny. Everything is budding out, and keeps getting greener.

Everyone have a nice day. I will check the post office this afternoon.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:47 PM

Yippee, it was like Christmas for me today. I got both my pincushion AND my needlecase. I will post pictures in separate messages. The first is my needlecase that I got from NanaKathy. I just love the colors and flowers! She also sent me a mini chicken, a pretty card, some Reeses PB Cups and 2 beaded pins. Thank you so much Kathy. I love everything!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472008[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]472009[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]472010[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails april-needlecase-nanakathy55.jpg   april-needlecase.jpg   chick-april-needlecase.jpg  

Last edited by klaws; 04-17-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:52 PM

My second package was my pincushion from Bobbie (AuntBobb). It is a dress form pincushion made from the most beautiful purple fabric. I had to take a picture of the front and back so you could see all the pretty flowers. I already have some wooden dowels in my stash so I can make a stand for it. Thank you so much Bobbie. I absolutely love it!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472011[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]472012[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails april-pincushion-auntbobb-bobbie.jpg   april-pincushion.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 12:54 PM

I am a happy girl today. Purple is one of my favorite colors!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:14 PM

Wow Karen, it looks like you hit the jackpot today. I love the purple fabric on the dress form. And you got a nice purple needlecase with great pins and some chocolate. I'm still waiting for one pincushion.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

NH you mean a pucker in the cornea, the retina is in the back. I have a few puckers, due to a lot of surgeries, at least 10 in that eye, plus the right one too. I have permanent dry eye and it always looks like I was punched in the left eye.
Mary, your pc turned out really nice.
Susan, I grew up on a half acre, just a dog and a cat and lot of tress and weeding to do.
Klaws, love the needlecase with the pretty needles. that little chickenis too cute for words, and probably a real pain to make too. but he's cute, I love him!! love your dress form too, both came out so nicely and match too.
So many nice pc and nc coming in. what am I going to do when i'm out cruising the big blue ocean??? won't get any views of whats new. Hey, maybe i'll find something while i'm there, or find something to make a pc out of. now that's a challenge. it's cool mid 40's and sunny here today. everyone...enjoy the rest of the day, i'll ck in later to see what everybody got.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-01-2014 at 04:22 AM. Reason: language
Old 04-17-2014, 01:15 PM

Laurie I did one more LQS today and it was the one that you went to. As I was signing in I noticed your name above mine and she said you had left 10 minutes ago. That would have been funny to see you there.