Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011 >

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Old 02-10-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky
Originally Posted by Conniequilts
I see that Jenniky should be getting hers today :)
WooHoo yes I did and the entire family loves...it. My husband went "Ohh that is cool !" So as you see pictured I hung it over our computer desk so we both could enjoy it when we are online. Thank you Connie for your awesome excellant work. I can't say enough about how much I love the fabric and pattern. I can honestly say I will truly cherish this wonderful gift and also the fun and friends I have made during this first experience at participating in a swap. Thanks Connie and Bonnie and everyone else for a wonderful fun experience.

Sew On my friends

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ohhh and yes it hangs perfectly straight even if it doesnt look like it in the picture. :D
Old 02-10-2011, 02:50 PM

Very nice!! Lucky girl Jenniky
Old 02-10-2011, 04:10 PM

I am glad you guys like it! Always nervous when I do something for someone else. I am excited to hear it hangs straight - yeesh, I hope I don't have to do many hanging sleeves :)

It has been my honor to be your partner and hopefully, some day down the line we can be again. Oh and btw, I mentioned to Bonni about a possible meeting :)

WooHoo yes I did and the entire family loves...it. My husband went "Ohh that is cool !" So as you see pictured I hung it over our computer desk so we both could enjoy it when we are online. Thank you Connie for your awesome excellant work. I can't say enough about how much I love the fabric and pattern. I can honestly say I will truly cherish this wonderful gift and also the fun and friends I have made during this first experience at participating in a swap. Thanks Connie and Bonnie and everyone else for a wonderful fun experience.

Sew On my friends

Ohhh and yes it hangs perfectly straight even if it doesnt look like it in the picture. :D
Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 PM

I am glad you guys like it! Always nervous when I do something for someone else. I am excited to hear it hangs straight - yeesh, I hope I don't have to do many hanging sleeves :)

It has been my honor to be your partner and hopefully, some day down the line we can be again. Oh and btw, I mentioned to Bonni about a possible meeting :)

Sew On my friends

So Connie, since it hangs straight, does this means then that there isn't any reason why you can't do sleeves more often?

It looks great Jenniky. I'm glad that you had ag reat time and will look forward to having you in a future swap. It would be fun to meet sometime.

Thanks for posting the picture.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:24 PM

The postman came today with a wonderful box from Snownannie. The wallhanging she made for me is beyond words! I love it! The Santas are too cute, the fabric is wonderful and I can't wait till the holidays next year to display this wonderful gift. Thank you so very much for this wallhanging that will be treasured for a long time to come.

The pictures show one of the full wallhanging and one Santa up close and one of the center panel 'Believe'. Each Santa is wonderful! I love the embroidery and really value it because it is something I don't do!

I regret not being in the Feb exchange - this has been so much fun and I'm hoping I can hop in again for March or April!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138001.jpe   attachment-138002.jpe   attachment-138003.jpe  
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty's Mama
The postman came today with a wonderful box from Snownannie. The wallhanging she made for me is beyond words! I love it! The Santas are too cute, the fabric is wonderful and I can't wait till the holidays next year to display this wonderful gift. Thank you so very much for this wallhanging that will be treasured for a long time to come.

The pictures show one of the full wallhanging and one Santa up close and one of the center panel 'Believe'. Each Santa is wonderful! I love the embroidery and really value it because it is something I don't do!

I regret not being in the Feb exchange - this has been so much fun and I'm hoping I can hop in again for March or April!
That is a lovely package you got. I look forward to having with us again in March. :)
Old 02-10-2011, 07:32 PM

Thanks, Bonnie. I am getting to the end of the king size quilt I'm doing for a friend - once that's out the door I'll be anxious to get back to these great swaps.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 AM

Frostbaa sent me these placemats and tablemat -- and I think they are great!! I LOVE the fabric combinations that she used (and I'm envious that I can't combine colors like that). Look how good they look on my table. Thank you so much, Beth. I really like the way you put them together and quilted them. And again, the colors are perfect. I hope to get you for another swap soon!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-155975.jpe   attachment-155977.jpe  
Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Frostbaa sent me these placemats and tablemat -- and I think they are great!! I LOVE the fabric combinations that she used (and I'm envious that I can't combine colors like that). Look how good they look on my table. Thank you so much, Beth. I really like the way you put them together and quilted them. And again, the colors are perfect. I hope to get you for another swap soon!
I am jealous also. I can't think of those combinations either. They look terrific on your table! Well done Frostbaa.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:49 AM

Very nice job Frostbaa