Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hand Quilting >

Hand Quilting

Hand Quilting

Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 AM

You and your work is amazing.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:19 AM

Your hand quilting is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! If I could quilt like you do I would be in seventh heaven. As it is, I am a beginner at this actual quilt making process. I will work on my hand stitching though as you have inspired me.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:22 AM

WOW! Double WOW! These are the most beautifully quilted quilts I have seen yet on this board. I commend you for hand-quilting, I wish I had the patience for it. If offered a machine quilted or hand quilted quilt, I would take the hand-quilted without a doubt. Awesome work!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:23 AM

Your work is amazing... wish I had the time to hand quilt, but... I can't hand sew. Heck, I even put my bindings on by machine because of it. My mother hand quilted everything.... she had the patience of a Saint... Once I get to the quilting part... I have to move on to other things. Heck it would take me 20 years to get done just what you have pictured here if I hand quilted and it would look terrible.

I applaud all the hand quilters out there.... I appreciate all the work that goes into it. For me...I'd spend an enormous amount of time on that project and it would look like #@*$ ... well.... you know what I was going to say.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:24 AM

Beautiful quilts and out of this world quilting!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:41 AM

I hand quilt just about everything I make.It really does that take that long.There are some quilts like art that don't look to good in hand quilting.My last three king size were half trang and I had it lone arm.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:10 AM

You are wonderful, we do hand quilting at our church. Meet every Monday, have at least one or two quilts in the frame. Enjoy your quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:15 AM

I prefer machine quilting over hand quilting personally, but I admire the patience ad artsmanship in hand quilting.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:05 AM

I love your quilts and quilting. I firmly believe quilting makes it a quilt. I hand quilted until I developed Cervical Stenosis, with thumb and two fingers numb on my right hand there is no way to continue. So, I switched to a longarm. Wow! What a mind blaster. Ladies, this is not easy and if you don't like math, don't bother machine quilting on a long arm. You may look at it and think it is the easy way out and it IS NOT. I like freehand, and even guiding the machine takes a lot out of you. You are on your feet for hours on one quilt. You rack it one way and then to do the sides like the top and bottom you have to rack it the other way, sometimes twice. It is so much easier to hand quilt but, alas, we can't all do it. I really appreciate the machine quilting with each block different and so many elements involved. I now know what it takes to do that. I am the first to admit machine is harder. As far as hard quilts, that depends entirely on the batting. I did twin bed quilts for my DGS's. One was W&W and the other Hobbs polydown. Both grandsons love the Hobbs and fight over it so I am making a third one to solve the problem. The quilts are identical except for the batting. It has been washed many times and still it is not cuddly. The problem is not how heavy the quilting but what is in the sandwich.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:08 AM

I WANT to be you when I grow up! Awesome and an inspiration as I, too, love to hand quilt.