Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-05-2012, 02:53 AM

got my sp name and now tostart filling the box.
Lori i also have that and i tried the cymbalta and had the side affect of severe stomach cramps to the point it took my breath. so i had to quit taking it. I manage mine with atleast 7 hrs sleep a night. I take flexeril 10mg. and it seems to help some.take care of yourself. HUGGGGGS
Old 08-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Swap Hosts

K9Dancer, those woofs don't necessarily represent individual dogs. My Daisy Mae could do that many woofs in a hot second if the evil mailman is nearby! Or maybe she likes to weave (warp and woof).

Reeskylr, glad you didn't have a heart attack. Many years ago I worked for someone who was so crazy that I'd come home and think I was having a heart attack. Turns out it was anxiety. The doctor gave me some Xanax. I used it for two days and then decided, if I have to be medicated to work for this nut, I don't want to work here. So I quit. I later found out most of the staff was on Xanax.

Lori your window sounds wonderful. I hope it's not too heavy for your to be able to change scenes. Love the curtain idea, too! Too bad you could put a light box behind it so you'd get some sun shine! What does it measure? I'll see if I have a panel for you.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:50 AM

Whooo hoooo! I finaly caught up. Don't know how, but 3 days ago i pulled up the forum and found i was 20 something pages behind, then even more showed up as i read! LOL i find it impossible to post til i am caught up (a little OCD).
Prayers to all that are in need of them. K, just breathe....... There are days.... nuff said. Lori, my DDIL, only 32ish, has fibromyalgia, I hear it is quite uncomfortable to say the least. Lyrica is indicated for this. EXPENSIVE, make sure you get the discount card they offer, dr gave me one.vtook my coopay from $75 down to $25 for a full year. I take it for my arthritis. Saw a rhumatologist for first time in many years. She questioned it, but didnot change it. Yet.
Wow, i have heard of several people lately with that Mersa! It sounds like they have been seeing some help with new treatments recently. I hope all is well with the young man.
By the way, we are moving from our home of 33 years, oh, my! Where DID all this STUFF come from?
When I finally get to it, i have a big box of patterns for kids. If the person searching is interested, PM me and i will send you what i have in that size bracket. I have LOTS in the smallest sizes, and prolly a shameful amt in bigger kids sizes! Glad to see them go to a happy home. Hummmmm, maybe others might also be interested. Need to SERIOUSLY downsize!
Oh, for a hint......... My SP is wayyyyy south east of me. I recently sent to this state for one of my swaps, maybe this one, maybe not.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Off topic: The apartment I am moving into does not have a kitchen window. When I had my house in Des Moines I replaced several windows with new ones, the house was built in 1923 and I saved the kitchen widow. I want to hang it up on the wall with a nice panel behind it so it looks like you are looking out of the window. I would like to have the different seasons. I will put up a curtain rod also. Does anyone know where I could find something like that?
Lori, Why not put a mirror in the window frame? It would reflect light and make your kitchen brighter! Just an idea...
Old 08-05-2012, 06:11 AM

Oh Buslady I feel for you and Lori...having to move is such a chore. I left NJ after my husband died and we had a large home. Both of us were collectors of a lot of stuff (bordered on hoarding except we could actually have guests). It was a huge job and now after just 3 years I still miss some things but should have gotten rid of more. I swore I would not be such a saver anymore..but I seem unable to resist a great find.

Quiltylouise, I am sorry you are leaving your beautiful old building. Are you really sure you should do that?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Lori, Why not put a mirror in the window frame? It would reflect light and make your kitchen brighter! Just an idea...
What a neat idea! Maybe blue mirror?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Swap Hosts

Quiltylouise, I am sorry you are leaving your beautiful old building. Are you really sure you should do that?
I missed this post. Louise? You're moving???
Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 AM

No mirror, I don't want to see myself that often!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Banned

Ummm sorry dear but I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

I would be HAPPY to leave this "old" building if I could, I HATE living on
the third floor with three flights of stairs.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:26 AM

Thanks for the help Lori. I think I have it now. Donna C.