friends know no borders Round Robin

friends know no borders Round Robin

Old 02-19-2011, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by wytetygeress
Sending a pm with my info
got it
Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by CharmQueen15
I would to join the swap too, I need something to do to get me back into sewing again .I have done some Row x Rows. I would like batik of any kind fabrics with black background ,any block pattern is fine with me,just have fun.
welcome to our little group
Old 02-19-2011, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Karen
I will let you know my theme here shortly. I like bright jewel tones, batiks...oh gee just about any color. I am really thinking maybe Stars in brights, but will let you know for sure soon.
confirm as you are number nine :P
Old 02-19-2011, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Karen
I thought we was going to do a Round Robin...the center would be a medallion, but another Row Robin is fine. What are the mail dates going to be? And how long will we keep the row we are working on? Oh...sign me up please! if you are going to limit it to 9 then will we end up with 9 rows on our quilt or will you make 2 groups?
I know I ask lots of questions!
When this idea orginally germinated it was a few of us who were too late to join other row robins....though only one of that group signed up :)

So that is why it is a row robin.

Regarding time. I was going to do two months but I think a year is long enough so with nine people I need to tighten it to 6 weeks to make it a year (new at hosting; didn't expect such a big 'turnout' :shock:

So the way it will work (and I will finalize in a few days since I think we will be closed before the end of the weekend.) is that it will be one quilt (85" wide or if owner chooses 85"long). Everyone will add one piece that is between 5.5 and 14.5 inches that matches the owner's theme.

That way when it gets back to the owner it will be practically a queen (just need a few borders) or a king (just need a few more borders)...i know perhaps big but i just didn't have the heart to say no too soon. :-(

does that make sense or is it too early in the morning and i am rambling? :-D
Old 02-19-2011, 02:35 AM

Okay we have nine :). However I am waiting for Kelly's address so when I get that or if I don't hear soon I will take the tenth person who asks in her place.

For those who have given me your theme...thank you. For those, who haven't don't panic. You have a bit of time to think (but not much as you have to make your own first row as the owner.

More details as soon as I close this swap.

"I'm so excited; I just can't hide it..." :)
Old 02-19-2011, 03:57 AM

So do we do 5 blocks for the row and what size are the blocks supposed to be 12 1/2 inches or smaller?
Old 02-19-2011, 05:46 AM

I PM'd you my address
Old 02-19-2011, 05:49 AM

Hi !! I would love to join, I too am new at quilting. My colors are dusty rose, sage green and cream. My name would be "Home with Friends" I just want to be clear, I make my first row include a journal and labels and send it to the next person. Then I receive a row from another member to complete in two months and then send it on to the next person, forgive me this is my first round robin and I want to make sure I don't bite off more than I can chew. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:45 AM

I would like to join....getting ready for a trip to California today so will pm info later
Old 02-19-2011, 07:13 AM

I hope I am not too late. I personally think you should leave the swap open and not have a limit - do a couple groups if you need to. I would be able to make a few of them to even it up if it would help. Perhaps have 2 groups depending on people's preference of having a smaller quilt, and a larger one, maybe also an international and a US one..