Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
friends know no borders  Round Robin >

friends know no borders Round Robin

friends know no borders Round Robin

Old 02-27-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by cowpie2
Oh yes, I want pictures too. I decided to order the fabric for my starter row from Connecting Threads. I've been in love with their canning day collection for some time. So I ordered the entire fat quarter selection and will let it inspire me when it arrives. Can't wait to see how everyone adds to it. Based on some of the themes I even have some ideas bouncing in my head when the respective rows get to me.
i think that i am going to pass out before the first row/medallion arrives in my mail.....my iron died last week; had to replace it...taking the sewing machine into the hospital for a physical...need it to be in tiptop shape for the rounds :-P
Old 02-27-2011, 05:11 PM

This pattern is really easy, it is from quilterscache.com

Originally Posted by debe
It's a beautiful quilt. I have always been a fan of the card trick block > but every time I've tried I've failed :oops: . I also like the churn dash/monkey wrench and stars and diamonds and well...i could just go on and on and on and................ :roll:

I am very excited to get working on ours... :thumbup:
Old 02-27-2011, 05:13 PM

Patti thanks for posting that beautiful quilt. I want to do the card trick its on my list of blocks to make. Debe whats the picture in the center of your quilt?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:15 PM

I got a kick out of the life jacket on the cup.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:18 PM

The center row was done by Jacquie in Scotland. She does amazing applique work. My theme is teapots and teacups. When she added my row, she actually added lace to it to look like a lace doiley or tablecloth. When I get mine back I will post a pic for you.

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
Patti thanks for posting that beautiful quilt. I want to do the card trick its on my list of blocks to make. Debe whats the picture in the center of your quilt?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by debe
It's a beautiful quilt. I have always been a fan of the card trick block > but every time I've tried I've failed :oops: . I also like the churn dash/monkey wrench and stars and diamonds and well...i could just go on and on and on and................ :roll:

I am very excited to get working on ours... :thumbup:
Its good to have ideas of what u like :)
Old 03-02-2011, 06:28 PM

I posted earlier (see "whiney whiner") because I got so frustrated cutting up my fabric for my row! I completely butchered a very pretty fat quarter, oh, well, I guess it was not meant to be. I found some very pretty fabric in my stash that I had to switch to. It is going to be beautiful! I can't send pictures right now because I am at work and all my fabric is at home... darn! I'd rather be sewing. I hate it when I get all excited about sewing something, then I have to go to work! This is what keeps me in fabric money, LOL! How is every one else doing making their rows???
Old 03-02-2011, 06:35 PM

I've been drawing and redrawing on graph paper. I broke down and ordered a fat quarter collection that I've been drooling over for a long time. Hopefully it will arrive this week and then this weekend I'll be busy cutting and sewing. I can't wait to start seeing some pictures of the rows.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:52 PM

You really are in the middle of the exciting part....designing, planning, experimenting....then the wonderful, artistic, creative part of stitching it all together
Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
I posted earlier (see "whiney whiner") because I got so frustrated cutting up my fabric for my row! I completely butchered a very pretty fat quarter, oh, well, I guess it was not meant to be. I found some very pretty fabric in my stash that I had to switch to. It is going to be beautiful! I can't send pictures right now because I am at work and all my fabric is at home... darn! I'd rather be sewing. I hate it when I get all excited about sewing something, then I have to go to work! This is what keeps me in fabric money, LOL! How is every one else doing making their rows???
i know the feeling...i had a very productive sewing weekend going a couple of weeks ago and my iron died Sunday morning...i moped the rest of the day...and then but another one during week. but just couldn't get that same jumpstart the following weekend.

my sewing machine is in the "hospital" today for a checkup. want to make sure it's in tip top shape when all the rows/medallions come my way.