Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
friends know no borders  Round Robin >

friends know no borders Round Robin

friends know no borders Round Robin

Old 02-26-2011, 11:05 AM

When are we suppose to mail off our starting row? - Oh and I'm sticking pretty much with my original theme. Fabric is set. Just need to pre-wash and get busy.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by cowpie2
When are we suppose to mail off our starting row? - Oh and I'm sticking pretty much with my original theme. Fabric is set. Just need to pre-wash and get busy.
it has to arrive at the person's place by April 30. the idea is two months in between to give people time to complete and mail...I figure a month to do and then send it in the mail to give the post office a month to get it there (don't know about you but they must still use "pony express" here in Canada ;-) )
Old 02-26-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by debe
it has to arrive at the person's place by April 30. the idea is two months in between to give people time to complete and mail...I figure a month to do and then send it in the mail to give the post office a month to get it there (don't know about you but they must still use "pony express" here in Canada ;-) )
Thanks, Debe, you are doing a great job. Are you in both the row robin and the round robin? Just wondering. PS, it is snowing here- it was supposed to be sunny all weekend. Plus, it is really cccccoldddd.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by debe
Thanks, Debe, you are doing a great job. Are you in both the row robin and the round robin? Just wondering. PS, it is snowing here- it was supposed to be sunny all weekend. Plus, it is really cccccoldddd.
thanks for the compliment and yes I am doing both as is Crafty 3790 (Debbie)...it's sunny here; they don't get a lot of snow in this part of Canada but when it snows; it snows...i think we've had less than a foot total (it rained the last 2 days)...and the temp now is below zero (sorry my Ffahrenheit skills are gone :( (around 25, I think :D)) but it has been close to freezing most of the winter.. which is better than other parts of Canada that have been far colder BRRRRRRRR

i dont care about winter when March comes because it is almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Old 02-27-2011, 03:17 PM

Debe you can mail to me early if you want. I am zipping up a bunch of blocks so I will have time whenever you are ready.Also do you want photos of it posted? I do. Everyone else is there anyone who doesnt want pictures as it goes?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
Debe you can mail to me early if you want. I am zipping up a bunch of blocks so I will have time whenever you are ready.Also do you want photos of it posted? I do. Everyone else is there anyone who doesnt want pictures as it goes?
Keep debating if i want to be surprised but...nah...i want pix as we go...

i have fun ideas of what kind of pix i am going to post of everyone else's quilts :P Have to have pictures of the Atlantic and take each quilt on some sightseeing :-o

I don't know if anyone has heard of this but the Stanley Cup (hockey's holy grail, for Americans who don't watch hockey) travels throughout the summer with the winners. Each person gets a day with the Cup. I think it is pretty cool and they keep a diary.

Here are a couple of example links from the year my team (the Pittsburgh Penguins) won the Cup :-D --
http://www.hhof.com/html/exSCJ_2009.shtml
http://www.hhof.com/html/exSCJ09_14.shtml

Its what I envision when I envisioned what goes in each other's journals....i hope everyone gets into it.

okay I am rambling....Debbie....mine are in the envelopes and ready to be mailed when the man-who-is-retired-and-has-more-free-time-than-me does it...i hope tomorrow or Tuesday...

I am soooooooooooooooo excited to get started and in a year have 2 new quilts... :thumbup:
Old 02-27-2011, 03:57 PM

Oh yes, I want pictures too. I decided to order the fabric for my starter row from Connecting Threads. I've been in love with their canning day collection for some time. So I ordered the entire fat quarter selection and will let it inspire me when it arrives. Can't wait to see how everyone adds to it. Based on some of the themes I even have some ideas bouncing in my head when the respective rows get to me.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 PM

[color=green] Ladies, just thought I would pop in and give you some encouragement. We are the Early Birds in the Row Robin that is currently in progress. We were the ones that begged to start early and it snowballed from there. Our 1st rows went out Mid December and here is one of the completed tops just 10 weeks later. One of our members is in Scotland, so it has traveled internationally. The journal that travels witht he quilt makes it fun. You get to know each other faster and hopefully you will make lasting friends as we have. We were truely blessed to meet each other and have the opportunity to do this challenge.

Good luck on your adventure. I am anxious to see what your all come up with.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Ladies, just thought I would pop in and give you some encouragement. We are the Early Birds in the Row Robin that is currently in progress. We were the ones that begged to start early and it snowballed from there. Our 1st rows went out Mid December and here is one of the completed tops just 10 weeks later. One of our members is in Scotland, so it has traveled internationally. The journal that travels witht he quilt makes it fun. You get to know each other faster and hopefully you will make lasting friends as we have. We were truely blessed to meet each other and have the opportunity to do this challenge.
Good luck on your adventure. I am anxious to see what your all come up with.

Brights done for Card Trick Pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154664[/ATTACH]

Brights for Boopers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154665[/ATTACH]

Just another shot of the completed top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154666[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154659.jpe   attachment-154660.jpe   attachment-154661.jpe  
Old 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM

It's a beautiful quilt. I have always been a fan of the card trick block > but every time I've tried I've failed :oops: . I also like the churn dash/monkey wrench and stars and diamonds and well...i could just go on and on and on and................ :roll:

I am very excited to get working on ours... :thumbup: