Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
friends know no borders  Round Robin >

friends know no borders Round Robin

friends know no borders Round Robin

Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 PM

Hope everything is ok for Emily. We will miss her.

Welcome to the group Carol :)

Yes, I have been busy, not sewing yet. I washed some of the fabrics I've picked out so far. I still need to get one more fabric. The store I went to didn't have one "calling my name," so I will go else where. Also, I've been busy picking out blocks. I think I have finally narrowed it down to which ones I want to use.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by NCquilter
Hope everything is ok for Emily. We will miss her.

Welcome to the group Carol :)

Yes, I have been busy, not sewing yet. I washed some of the fabrics I've picked out so far. I still need to get one more fabric. The store I went to didn't have one "calling my name," so I will go else where. Also, I've been busy picking out blocks. I think I have finally narrowed it down to which ones I want to use.
i know the feeling I have some fabric i fell in love with but have yet to find the right quilt or other fabrics to put with it...nothing is "calling my name" :cry: so every day or so i look at it in longing and with a <heavy sigh> keep wishing for ideas but who knows by the time i do i wil be broken hearted to cut it :?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:07 AM

Row Robin: Debe (Debbie) --> dungeonquilter (Debra) --> Kathy N (Kathy) --> luckylindy333 (Linda) --> ElizH (Elizabeth) --> NCquilter (Kelly) --> cowpie2 (Carol) --> CharmQueen15 (Lynn) --> crafty3790 (Debbie) --> Debe (me)

Medallion Robin: Debe (Debbie) -->crafty3790 (Debbie) -- > Karen (Karen) --> c joyce (Joyce) --> tealfalcon ( ) --> wytetygeress (Monique) --> Pansy Creations (Denise) --> debe (me)

How is that for clarity? or did i just confuse everyone more?[/quote]

So if I understand the Row Robin correctly we will each get 9 rows for our finished quilt our original row plus 8 from the rest of the group?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by cowpie2
Row Robin: Debe (Debbie) --> dungeonquilter (Debra) --> Kathy N (Kathy) --> luckylindy333 (Linda) --> ElizH (Elizabeth) --> NCquilter (Kelly) --> cowpie2 (Carol) --> CharmQueen15 (Lynn) --> crafty3790 (Debbie) --> Debe (me)

Medallion Robin: Debe (Debbie) -->crafty3790 (Debbie) -- > Karen (Karen) --> c joyce (Joyce) --> tealfalcon ( ) --> wytetygeress (Monique) --> Pansy Creations (Denise) --> debe (me)

How is that for clarity? or did i just confuse everyone more?
So if I understand the Row Robin correctly we will each get 9 rows for our finished quilt our original row plus 8 from the rest of the group?[/quote]

correct...an almost queen size all for the work of a row :)
Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 PM

Popping in the say hi. I will be working on mine this week. I have everything set aside for them. I will post a pic soon.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:23 AM

Glad to hear from you...the group is such a quiet group :) I am guessing that everyone is working hard on their centre/row.... :-D

I am going to mail mine off next weekend...(I was lucky I could raid my UFO stash). The busy work will be when I receive my two.

I can't wait to see your pictures. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
Popping in the say hi. I will be working on mine this week. I have everything set aside for them. I will post a pic soon.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:20 AM

I plan to make my medallion this weekend. I got the fabric for it on my trip to California at the cutest lqs
Old 02-26-2011, 05:52 AM

I have a question about pre-washing. I know the rules state we should pre-wash all of our fabric. But there are a few different methods of pre-washing and I wasn't sure which would be best to use.

I usually prewash using warm water and then throw my fabric in the dryer on low-med. Is this acceptable or is there a more preferred method of pre-washing?

I also think I'll be changing my theme for the row robin, I'll update later today after I make a run to the LQS.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
I plan to make my medallion this weekend. I got the fabric for it on my trip to California at the cutest lqs
i am still jealous you got to go to California :)....
Old 02-26-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by cowpie2
I have a question about pre-washing. I know the rules state we should pre-wash all of our fabric. But there are a few different methods of pre-washing and I wasn't sure which would be best to use.

I usually prewash using warm water and then throw my fabric in the dryer on low-med. Is this acceptable or is there a more preferred method of pre-washing?

I also think I'll be changing my theme for the row robin, I'll update later today after I make a run to the LQS.
I think your prewashing is a good method..as with everything else in quilting it is "up to you" :-P you can change your theme up until the second person starts working on it :-D just let me know