Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone have good lost cat experiences to relate? >

Anyone have good lost cat experiences to relate?

Anyone have good lost cat experiences to relate?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:40 PM

I so hope your furbaby comes home. Please keep us posted. My cat leaves for days at a time but always returns. May yours safely return soon.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:41 PM

Years ago when our daughter went to highschool in a nearby town 15 miles away, I accidentally took our favorite cat in the back of our truck to this town. I was sick thinking he might have jumped out of the truck and was injured, starving and it was really cold. We put posters up, asked lots of kids at the rink, no cat. It was nearly the end of the school year when I got a frantic call from my D at school. Chico had found her and would I come right away to pick him up. I hurried down and he was beside himself to see us. He had never rode in a vehicle before but he sat on the headrest right behind my head with his claws firmly planted into my jacket. We got home safely. It appeared he had a good time as he wasn't any thinner. Later, we heard that a little girl had sorta adopted him and was really upset he went away. We kept very quiet about getting our precious cat back and he never wandered again!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:44 PM

We're looking for our neighbor's cat now. He got out after her apartment flooded and carpet cleaners came to clean up the water. We hope he's nearby. She's been out calling his name, she has food out on the back porch (that's how he found her in the first place. The temp's been in the 90's, so maybe he found a cool place to hang out until he calms down enough to go home. Hope yours comes home soon too!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Wow! These are really amazing stories!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Prism, I'm so glad you got your cat back!! That is so frightening!! Happy for you all!!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 PM

We had that happen to us this past winter. Have two black cats part siamese and manx. Sassy never even tries to get out she just looks out the door and that is about the extent of it. CB on the other hand is a very determined little bugger. Tries to get out all the time. She has never really gone farther than our side yard-til Feb. Don't know how she got out except that I had opened the front door to get something out of the car, and well she is black-never noticed her outside. Went to work the next morning didn't see her but that is not unusual, since she is my hubby's cat and barely tolerates me. Came home around 4 and asked if he had seen her and he said no not really all day. Looked all over the house and went outside called her no response. It was bitter cold out around 12* or so. Talked to my neighbors nobody had seen her. Two days went by still no cat. Finally decided to open our garage door partway so if she came home she would at least be in the garage. That night i was going to the store, turned my headlights on and saw bright globes in the garage. Shut the door ran in and there she was. Safe, sound, hungry but never did divulge where she had been. Has not tried to get out the door since her adventure.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM

I am so glad Oliver has found the way home! As to a book...Mo could be a series! What that cat got up to you wouldn't believe!
Originally Posted by Prism99
MisDixie and Jill, I think your stories are amazing! They belong in a book of good cat-finding stories, *I* think!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:54 PM

SO glad you've got her now!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 PM

:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: YAY!!!!
Now keep Oliver in the house!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 AM

If it happens again, be sure to look up. My neighbor's 5-mo-old declawed kitten was lost for a day, and she called me because she thought she heard meows on my side of the fence. I went out and spotted Precious a good 20-feet up a tree. Without claws they can go up, but they can't get down safely. Another neighbor went up a ladder and saved her.