Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Quilt In A Day" an opinion on their fabric please >

"Quilt In A Day" an opinion on their fabric please

"Quilt In A Day" an opinion on their fabric please

Old 08-27-2011, 06:28 AM

I bought quite a bit of the blender fabrics from Quilt in a Day at $3 a yard and found it to be just like the $10+ a yard fabric in the quilting stores. Good quality!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 AM

Eleanor may sometimes seem silly, but she's the one who got me started quilting. I lived in a rural area and watched her show on PBS many moons ago. At that time she taught quilting basics -- she showed each step in detail and I got hooked. Here I am all these years later and still hooked! However, like Mal, at this stage of my quilting needs I probably couldn't do her block party! :)
Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 AM

I have bought her fabric. it is quilt shop quality. there is a story a few years back where some fabric came in bad and she made the maufature re do it. she would not sell it. so, I say go for it.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:47 AM

I shop there frequently especially when she has fabric at $3.00. They once sent me the wrong fabric and were very apologetic and sent me the correct one right away. Very good quality.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:08 AM

I went to visit her shop in California about 3 years ago. The fabric was beautiful and I bought some. About 2 years ago, I went to Paducah for the quilt show and E. Burns had her show and also a tent full of fabric. I bought quite a bit of fabric at about $4 a yard and it is absolutely beautiful. Very high quality fabric, all different brands. This was my experience, have no idea what they sell online.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:14 AM

Personally I love Eleanor Burns. She's funny on her tv programs. Her quilt books explain how to make blocks, etc, thoroughly. I keep some for reference on certain techniques. I have shopped her fabrics and find them terrific, especially the clearance. Hope this helps you.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:36 AM

You probably don't need any more comments, but I did have a negative experience. Her ordering system must have been in trouble that day because, as I usually do (unless there is a "wish list" as in e.quilter) I put all the possibilities into the shopping cart with the idea of deleting later and I couldn't delete!!!! She gave me a few dollars off, but I was bummed! Also, the colors were drabber than I expected. Perhaps her computer program was being worked on that day.

I don't think she "needs" anyone to thank her by buying her fabric. She does OK. I know lots of people like her. I'll stay with e.quilter which has a "search" system which is fantastic! And the colors in the "catalog" are right on!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Eleanor Burns is one of a kind. She has the respect of everyone in the quilting business and is referred to as Lady Eleanor. I've been to her tent sales and shows at Paducah many times. Her quilt shop in Paducah sell the top of the line new designer fabrics along with her fabric line. The tent sales have name brand fabric from all the manufacturers.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:19 AM

I liked her "Tennesee Waltz" quilt book, the quilt turned out beautifully.
I like her fabrics have bought quite a lot of them. I met her at Quilt Festival in Houston, nice lady. :-D
Old 08-27-2011, 08:20 AM

I have also bought from her tent sale at paducah and in her store in Paducah. yes she has 2 website one from Paducah and one from Calif. Prices are great for back. I alsways see her show at Paducah great for a laugh. She hasn't forgot how she got started and appreciates us quilters for getting her where she is. I love all her books and have made many of her quilts. I also teach her patterns.