Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where is everyone?  Quilting, buying more fabric? >

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Where is everyone? Quilting, buying more fabric?

Old 12-28-2011, 02:53 PM

My oldest gets married on the 7th of Jan. so moved from holidays to preparation. almost here now....YEAH. He did ask if I would make them a king size quilt...will start that next year.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:37 PM

I'm trying to recover from making so many Christmas gifts. Took a little mini Christmas vacation from quilting. Two weeks ago or so, just got a big box of goodies from Connecting Threads, so after some cleaning and rearranging of the sewing room, I'll be back quilting. Santa brought me a Kindle so I've been enjoying that, putting my feet up. Then there's that nasty work JOB I went back to yesterday. Hurray for another long weekend coming up!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

I'm Here, I'm Here LOL getting ready to do the New Year Mystery quilt on Planet Patchwork - working on Boomerang blocks, etc....
Old 12-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Oh I've been busy sewing!!!!! I finished piecing my daughter's "car quilt" and have it now quilted, just need to do some binding up and get that attached.

Regarding the quilting I've decided I will never use poly batting ever again! I just couldn't get the hang of it and so much trouble, but I did get the quilt finished.

My 11 y.o. had asked me to make her quilt using puffy batting. I've really only worked with cotton batting and it's thin and flat. When a friend heard that I had taken up quilting, she donated a roll of poly batting to me...and it's sat in the corner for a couple of years.

So I cleaned up a corner, used supplies from my stash, and learned a lesson LOL.

On to more sewing!! I have to do it in batches, we are having an electrical issue on one line, so to use my sewing machine I have to unplug the only living room lamp we can still use, the internet cable box and router. Can't make everyone happy all at the same time!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Organizing and prioritizing UFOs!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:56 PM

I am in my recliner with leg brace and crutches enjoying my great granddaughter with long talks, videos, card games of War and lots lots more. :-> Oh yeah. I bought some fabric on line.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:58 PM

Cleaning up for company for Christmas, cleaning up the aftermath, and now resting!...
Old 12-28-2011, 11:37 PM

Way to go coldquilter, I think I should do the same, get it all figured out and start the gifts now instead of the last minute. I don't want to do it again like I did it this year, right up to the last second. I want to enjoy some time before Christmas, not sew sew sew.

Originally Posted by coldquilter View Post
Seems like it's been a hectic week getting things back in order after Christmas. I am trying to get myself organized and actually thinking about some gifts for next Christmas already.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:51 AM

Could hardly wait to get the Christmas clean up done so I could get back to quilting. I got a gift card from Joanna fabrics for christmas. If DH feels better today I plan to go spend it for flannel backing to go with the quilts I'm planning to make. (:
Old 12-29-2011, 04:56 AM

I've been ordering sale fabric like crazy from all the shops conducting year end sales. Now is the time to buy for all year..yeah right...like that will stop me from ordering more later on. <sigh>