Do I really need Facebook?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:29 PM

Amen to all of that!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 AM

Oh my goodness, I'm the total opposite of most everyone who posted in this thread. I cannot live without my iPhone! I love that I can go on the internet whenever I want and it has come in quite handy at times. For example, I was in a store trying to get a memory card for my GPS and I went on Garmin's website to find out which kind of memory card to get. As for the GPS, they can really be live savers if you're in an area you are not familiar with. Facebook and Twitter, yup, have those too and see all that on my phone plus my emails. For me, today's technology is a good thing!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:29 AM

This is to funny & at the same time so true. Thanks for the laugh. I feel the same way most of the time. So you are not alone. LOL
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM

This post is the most hilarious I have read in a long time. Have you tried the annoying lady on OnStar. MY DH and gd just groan when I try to use that. When you say 'yes', she says 'slower, please'. Constantly getting 5 and 9 mixed up. Someone stole my GPS and don't miss it at all. Yes, I do facebook and love that I can connect with other quilters and crafters and some family and organizations. It is more immediate than the quilting board and I feel more in touch with people. There is no way you need to post everything you do and if someone is annoying in their posts, you can 'hide' them or some of their posts. Lots of the quilters on facebook have links to their blogs and often have free patterns and tips and tricks.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

I wouldn't mind having facebook because it would make contact with my sister easier (she lives in Germany). However, I already spend too much time on assorted forums plus my MIL is on facebook and she wouldn't understand that I don't want to befriend her. I always hear what so-and-so posted on facebook) So no, no FB for me. I do have a cell phone and it is supposed to be used for emergency calls. 3 times I needed to use it, either the battery was empty or I got no signal. I think I'll start carrying a fire-making emergency kit. (If in doubt send out smoke signals, lol)
Old 02-07-2012, 12:53 PM

I totally agree! My son and his family can't live without their gadjets. I kinda feel like I'm no longer part of the family, cause they're always doing something with those things. How will all the younger folks ever be able to carry on a real person to person conversation? They can't do it now. But in order to keep in touch, I have had to learn to text message. No facebook for me!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Banned

My cell phone knows how to take pictures, text etc. I, on the other hand, do not even know how to retrieve the messages on it.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 PM

Thanks for the laugh....Not much of a cell phone person myself...lucky if mine's charged.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:59 AM

Reminds me of the commercial on TV where the teen is on the computer saying how many friends she has online, and her folks are out on a vacation trip having a blast.