Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lil Twister  question >

Lil Twister question

Lil Twister question

Old 01-29-2012, 06:26 PM

stitchinluvr, that is the most awesome twister I have seen. The more of them there are, the better they look!!! And I love your filmstrip border. Great job!!1
Old 01-30-2012, 05:24 AM

Did not know that there are 4 sizes. Know only large and small. What are the other sizes? Also remember last year someone said they made them out of pexiglass and forgot how the meaurement went. Does anyone remember the thread it was on? Thank you
Old 01-30-2012, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
stitchinluvr, that is the most awesome twister I have seen. The more of them there are, the better they look!!! And I love your filmstrip border. Great job!!1
Thanks - they are fun to make. I made my own templates.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 AM

Oh my goodness! I am addicted. I've made wreaths, Christmas trees & hearts. There is some waste but I don't think there is that much plus what is left over can go into your scrap container. If the pieces are too small, you can use them as starters or enders when you sew. Don't hesitate! Go for it! I say "I can't dance but I can twist!" Happy twisting!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by fran624 View Post
Did not know that there are 4 sizes. Know only large and small. What are the other sizes? Also remember last year someone said they made them out of pexiglass and forgot how the meaurement went. Does anyone remember the thread it was on? Thank you
Twister and Lil' Twister are by CS Designs and use 10" and 5" squares respectively, Primitive Pinwheel and Primitive Pinwheel Itty Bitty are by Primitive Gatherings and use 3 1/2" squares and 2 1/2" squares respectively.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:14 AM

What did you make your templates out of? How did you know what size to make them?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:18 AM

I made a big wreath one out of xmas fabrics, & made my own template, as someone showed on here. I think I used 5in squares on it. I saved the little squares I had left, & made another template, half the size of the original, then sewed all the little blocks together, in the same layout, & cut out a mini one, & sewed it together. Turned out great! So now I have a big wall one, plus a little mini one. Very little waste this way, so save your little blocks too!...
Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 PM

I have drawn up a shamrock will try it soon and post if I did it right. Laid up with back & bladder infection right now.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:00 AM

Checked out her book and it looks great. Thanks.
Ooops, pressed wrong tab. Thats "Rotary Cutting Revolution" by Anita Grossman Solomon.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 PM

I did the same thing with the left over little squares and used a 1 in. template as the squares were 2 1/2 inches and the template should be 1 1/2 in. smaller than the block.
Originally Posted by happymrs View Post
I made a big wreath one out of xmas fabrics, & made my own template, as someone showed on here. I think I used 5in squares on it. I saved the little squares I had left, & made another template, half the size of the original, then sewed all the little blocks together, in the same layout, & cut out a mini one, & sewed it together. Turned out great! So now I have a big wall one, plus a little mini one. Very little waste this way, so save your little blocks too!...