Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • HQ Sweet Sixteen >
  • HQ Sweet Sixteen

• HQ Sweet Sixteen

Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 PM

Tks. eveyone, I am thinking and searching on the Internet and going to give it time before I jump in, it is a dream of mine to have one.
    Old 05-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Hi, Just to let you know, if you are interested in the sweet 16 sitdown, my local quilt shop sells it for around $4500-4600. You could call to get the exact price. It is called Heart to Heart Quilt Shop in Trussville, Alabama. 205-661-0537. I know you can finance it through Handi Quilter. Hope that helps with some price comparisons.
    Wenda
    Old 05-18-2012, 04:30 PM

I have a Sweet Sixteen and love it. I have just quilted a king size quilt for my sons 21st birthday and did it all on the 16. I view the machine as an investment as I quilt all my own quilts and save money there. The design of the machine is great as you can easily see what you are doing and the table supports the weight. They have now bought out a stitch regulator to use with the machine.
    Old 05-20-2012, 05:57 AM

My local shop sells it for $4300 or $4400, I can't remember. They have 6-months, same as cash and I believe I saw on a flyer they have free shipping on this brand. I don't know what their website is, but their facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Discou...68042966546138 . Ask for Ruby and tell her Ashley sent you!
    Old 05-20-2012, 06:16 AM

I have the HQ Sweet 16 and I love it. It's very easy to learn - just takes practice as with anything else.
    Old 05-20-2012, 06:50 PM

I think what makes this deal so tempting is the 0% interest. I'm thinking about one myself - or the stand up one. I can't decide. I've worked on both and like both.
    Old 05-20-2012, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by madamepurl
    I think what makes this deal so tempting is the 0% interest. I'm thinking about one myself - or the stand up one. I can't decide. I've worked on both and like both.
    Oh and that is 0% for 48 months, so using their money is a real deal.
    Old 05-26-2012, 05:21 PM

heres what you need to do-
    FIRST thing is- find out where your machine will be serviced, i havent needed mine serviced much, BUT-
    SECOND is- How far away is it, and how do I transport it? - keep the box it comes in, as they are not cheap.
    Third- how many times will it be serviced, and AM i buying someone elses problem?
    if you cant see it in person, you are taking a risk- go to quilt shows and see the features you like on it, if you have done your research, then, by all means, buy it. I bought my HQ16 in April of 05, love it love it!!
    but if i need it serviced, i am sending it to Arizona where they are made, the phone # there is 1 800 HANDI QUILTER
    they are always so knowledgeable there, about needles, what size for what weight thread you like to use, the educators there are just amazing!! best of luck
    katz
    Old 05-26-2012, 05:31 PM

I have been interested in this machine myself. Maybe I will start a secret savings. Can't do one in the immediate - but if I just start setting aside a set amount of money each month - I think it would eventually be possible! I tried one briefly in a local sewing machine store. Love all of the space, makes it much easier to maneuver a quilt.

There is a Yahoo forum called SewItsForSale (I think that is the name of it). All things sewing offered for sale (and people post what they are in search of as well).
    Old 05-27-2012, 11:35 AM

I bought my Avante from sewingmachinesplus.com on the 48 months no interest plan. I paid it off in a year. I did not have the cash to pay for it all at once. It's over 2 years old. The price is over a $1000 more now for the same set up. I live in a very rural area with no dealer nearby. I have a 200 mile drive to get to a dealer. Sewing Machines Plus were super to work with and so was Handi Quilter when I had any questions. I haven't mastered FMQ on it yet nor panto. But I sure can do those Groovy Boards.