Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do You Want Directions for Multiple Sized Quilts Included in Price Of Patterns? >
  • Do You Want Directions for Multiple Sized Quilts Included in Price Of Patterns?

• Do You Want Directions for Multiple Sized Quilts Included in Price Of Patterns?

Old 08-09-2012, 02:54 AM

Yes, I like different sizes. I usually make smaller quilts and it is helpful to know the yardage. Even if it is using precuts it is nice to know.
    Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 AM

I think its great when they have multiple sizes included. Especially lap and then bed sizes. What would be really super is if it included the bed runner!!
    Old 08-09-2012, 03:11 AM

It would broaden the market for the pattern and make it more saleable. Isnt that what every designer wants?
    Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 AM

I only try to do lap quilts and find that a lot of books only have twin or larger quilts. I have to go to my LQS and have them help me figure out how to down size it. So, yes I prefer multiple sizes in a book or pattern.
    Old 08-09-2012, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by kapatt
    I was in a fabric store the other day and they had the labrynth (sp?) quilt on the wall the size of a wall hanging. I loved what colors that they used on it so requested the pattern. When I went to buy the pattern (bed size) they added their own directions for making it the wall hanging size. I thought that was great and decided I would definitely visit that shop more often.
    That is a good idea! Nothing makes me happier than good customer service. I'm more than willing to spend more $$ someplace if I get good service there, too (which is why I don't frequntmy LQS).
    Old 08-09-2012, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
    I would like multiple sizes quoted because I may like a pattern but want to make it bigger or smaller than the original and need to know how much fabric for each size.
    That's my feeling, too. Math never was my strong suit & I like to know what yardages to get.
    Old 08-09-2012, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest
    What is your opinion?

Okay... "My name is Onalee and I'm math challenged."

My name is Debbie, and I too am math challenged....AND I have a king size bed and so do my 2 boys!!!! If course I need patterns with multiple sizes!!
    Old 08-09-2012, 03:57 AM
    Banned

Most of the patterns these days seem to be for lap-size, a completely useless size. I have 2 lap quilts, only 1 lap.
    Plus, the quilts that interest me are not made up of blocks. Math is not a problem so I can usually figure out how to enlarge, but not always.
    It would be much appreciated though if the pattern maker also included instructions for bed size quilts.
    Old 08-09-2012, 04:08 AM

I really prefer patterns that have more than one size listed for a pattern. I too am math challenged and if I want it bigger or smaller it is a lot of trouble to figure it all out. I have tried adding blocks or taking away blocks and it still doesn't always come out the size I want. Maybe if I was a more experienced quilter!!
    Old 08-09-2012, 04:53 AM

I like patterns that have many different sizes included in one pattern. Patterns are too spendy and most of the time I prefer to make a lap size quilt rather than queen size. I find no pleasure in having to re-calculate the patterns.