Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cordless steam iron

Question Cordless steam iron

What cordless steam iron do you use and why do you like it?

I had a White Cordless and loved it because it was cordless. But my dislike was it cooled off way to fast. It is not designed for ironing yardage but is great for piecing.
    Crashnquilt

Wouldn't you like to live with my mind just for a moment? I wish you would, I think I need to get OUT OF IT!

Mine is an Oreck...I have to confess it was free for trying their vacuum...turns out I liked the iron more than the vac.

I didn't know they made cordless irons.

mine is an oreck also mom bought a vaccum and didnt need the
    iron i really like it.

I have a Panasonic cordless iron. I love it. It has a retractable cord for the base, carrying case, detachable water tank, and vertical steam (for steaming curtains).

Interesting topic, I will be watching this as I am concidering a new iron and always wondered about going cordless.

I'm curious too .... it would seem to me, that it wouldn't keep even heat for doing good pressing for any length of time.

How long can you iron/press before it starts to cool and needs to be back on it's charging base?

And ... any other comments about its operation?

Please? and Thanks!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Is the Panasonic fairly new? Just wondering if it's still available to purchase.

I've had my Panasonic for 7 or 8 years. The charging base sits on the ironing board, and instead of setting the iron down on the board as you would with a regular iron, you just set it in the charging base. I often buy large quantities of fabric (i.e., a whole bolt). I can iron the whole thing with no problem, because it is heating up while I'm moving the fabric on the ironing board (hope that makes sense).

Here's one that is similar to mine, in a model that is still available: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...&skuId=8598635

Thanks for the explanation WandaVA ... do you find it is as hot as other irons?
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I've never noticed a difference in temperature between the cordless and my Rowenta. It is a lot lighter than the Rowenta, which may bother some people, but I'm not concerned about the weight of an iron. My mother always wanted the heaviest iron she could find, but I think that went back to her days on the farm of heating the iron on the woodstove!

I have the panasonic cordless and I love it! As Wanda said, I just set it in the heating cradle as I move fabric and it always seems to be plenty hot. It glides nice and smooth too - a HUGE improvement over the $12 cheapo iron I was using before!! And I love the detachable water tank. I spill a lot less water now.

Thank you so much. I'm headed out to buy a Panasonic cordless steam iron. I found this website by accident a few nights ago and am so happy I did. This was a lot of fun talking to like-minded folks.

I had one (forgot the brand) and didn't like it. It didn't get very hot and cooled off too quick.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

I have a Maytag and love it for doing whole quilt tops or backing. No cord to drag against the larger pieces of fabric.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

My favorite its one that is both corded and corded. The best of both worlds for me.