Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Uses for my Christmas Fabric stash >

Uses for my Christmas Fabric stash

Uses for my Christmas Fabric stash

Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

How about a pretty Christmas lap quilt to go over the back of the couch. It will give you a little color and spread a little Christmas cheer. I have a beautiful sampler Christmas quilt that I won at my Guild's annual quilt raffle more years ago than I care to count. I bring it out every year after Thanksgiving and every year I spot something that I hadn't notice before, whether it's the hockey player, snowmen or fireplace with stockings hung by the chimney. I still enjoy looking at the quilt and remembering some of the quilters and their blocks with a lot of Christmas cheer in the quilted snow flakes on the quilt.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:26 AM

Lap sized quilts, its that time of year. Placemats, mug rugs, hotmits, pot holders, doorknob décor, pillows, pillow cases, table runners, table toppers, wall hangings, etc.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
All kinds of fun things you can make - place mats, table runners, wall hangings, totes, vests, Christmas stockings, gift bags, boxes, bowls . . .
tissue covers, mug rugs, scrappy small quilts, more tissue covers, silverware holder shaped like mitten for your holiday dinner setting, greeting cards,
Old 10-11-2013, 11:46 AM

A project I'm getting ready to start----I'm just randomly cutting bigger pieces of fabric and piecing together for pillow covers. Got the idea from a DOCKERS plaid pillow that I got at a yard sale.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
It sounds like I need that book, too. I purchased a lot of quilting fabric at an auction a couple of weeks ago and when I separated the Christmas fabric and measured it, I have 40 yards total. That's a lot of Christmas fabric for me.

A couple of years ago I made aprons for my Christmas cookie baking friends and used up quite a bit of fabric. I think I had 1/2 yd cuts, not enough for a quilt, but just enough for some cute aprons. That's me on the right.
Love your aprons!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
I need some ideas to help use up my stash of Christmas fabric. I thought I saw a Thread about it earlier but now I can't find it. I know I will make some of the fabric boxes! I can't believe the amount of Christmas fabric that I discovered today while working in my sewing room. Any quick to cut and sew quilt patterns? Thanks!

Look up the rag Christmas tree in the quilt gallery here. REally cute.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
It sounds like I need that book, too. I purchased a lot of quilting fabric at an auction a couple of weeks ago and when I separated the Christmas fabric and measured it, I have 40 yards total. That's a lot of Christmas fabric for me.

A couple of years ago I made aprons for my Christmas cookie baking friends and used up quite a bit of fabric. I think I had 1/2 yd cuts, not enough for a quilt, but just enough for some cute aprons. That's me on the right.
Love your aprons!!! I miss the days when my daughter, my Mother and I made a mess of the kitchen baking cookies and candy together.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:34 PM

Con-Kerr Cancer pillow cases! http://www.conkerrcancer.org/

Check out Etsy too - tons of ideas :-)
Old 10-11-2013, 02:37 PM

I'm always suggesting to those who want a fast project to make the "the ten minute" runner. Make it with Christmas fabric and those who receive it will love it!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:59 PM

Hi
I Made Christmas tree skirts, and used up the scraps for the back, just a thought