Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UPDATE!!!  How does Jenny do it? >

UPDATE!!! How does Jenny do it?

UPDATE!!! How does Jenny do it?

Old 06-02-2014, 05:54 AM

I didn't think it was critical either. I read but did not comment. Lots of things can be learned on this board, so keep coming back. Welcome and have fun with your projects.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:23 AM

Hi Annie Pearl, welcome to our little quilting nook!!! Can't really add anything to what others have said so enjoy your day and your quilting!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ladysuds View Post
When I first started sewing on my Kenmore I turned the wheel by hand because I was afraid it would go to fast for me..I'm a little quicker now. 
I had a good laugh at this one also! Love this board!!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:27 AM

I didn't think your first post was critical at all! If some of the responses hurt your feelings I am so sorry. Jenny is wonderful, isn't she? Everyone on this board is at a different level and we support each other as we will support you. Keep quilting we will be here for you every step of the way as needed. Some on the board may have picked up quilting easily but most of us did not! It should be fun so don't put too much pressure on yourself. Pretty soon you will be the one supporting others. Warm Regards, GrammaNan
Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 AM

Welcome to the board! I did not take your post as being critical, either. Some people are always (it seems) looking to find fault and if that shoe fits, let's wear it. I am nowhere near perfect and the folks here are most understanding and helpful. I love to see people's questions answered in the most helpful manner. Keep on quilting' and do your best.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:04 AM

I didn't take your comment as critical. I've quilted for many years and am still very slow and sometimes not very accurate. But in the end I enjoy what I do and the machine quilting hides a number of my errors. I love Jenny and have seen her in person. She would be the first to admit her errors and the wonderful support she has of her "back-up" crew. Who knows what goes on when the camera is off! It's kind of like the sign I had in my classroom for years. "Martha Stewart doesn't live here so pick up after yourself." I think I will make a sign for me that says, "My name is not Jenny, so good enough is good enough."
Old 06-02-2014, 11:23 AM

I truly enjoy watching Jenny, she is my very favorite quilting personality. Yes, I've noticed her not so straight seams but it doesn't bother me. What drives me crazy is seeing all the long threads left on her projects! I assume she does that for the sake of time tho.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by RipStitcher View Post
Love this!

You need a sign in your sewing room that says this.
Ditto! So funny and I understand how you feel, ladysuds, because I've felt like doing that!
RipStitcher, hello from another Coloradoan! And your name would fit me too. I do a lot of ripping! Happy Quilting to you both.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:53 AM

Gee, there must be some touchy people! I guess that's the difference between an optimist and a pessimist - seeing things as positive or choosing to see things negatively. I immediately saw it as positive because I see Jenny as positive!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
as with most things as you practice you become faster and more accurate- when I first started quilting it took me days (if not weeks) to stitch a binding- now, years later, I can bind a queen sized quilt in just a couple hours---it just takes practice- as you become more sure of yourself/your skills you will improve and find things that used to take a long time now are a breeze.
WELCOME TO THE BOARD from the most beautiful and glorious Shenandoah Valley of Virginia!! Great new friends just waiting to be met here - People who will share your passions, your triumphs (and praise them highly), your lows (with hands outstretched to pull you back up), 24 hours a day, from across the globe.....This is truly a wondrous group of people.

We look forward to future posts, pictures, and your growth as a quilter. Most of all - HAVE FUN with every aspect of your hobby....we all do......