Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing room in camper >

Sewing room in camper

Sewing room in camper

Old 06-07-2014, 03:38 AM

Enjoy your time at the lake and create.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:40 AM

Looks like it will be a great summer. Enjoy!
Old 06-07-2014, 03:45 AM

Love the quilt block decor outside your 5th wheel. We are in Motorhome for 5 months yearly and I have my sewing projects with me. It's best when we stay in one place for a month or two but I try to have both hand and machine sewing ready. I sewed 900 2 1/2" blocks together for a twisted lone star in a few days. Cutting all the twister blocks will be more of a challenge.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:18 AM

Love your sewing room in the camper. I have one just about like it-in a fifth wheel. I take over the space between meals to quilt. My space to enjoy is mostly in the Colorado mountains and we camp with an RV group a lot. I cook and freeze most of my meals before leaving home. Heat and eat in the camper is great and so time saving. Though we are a retired couple I never cook for two. My freezer and I are great friends!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:29 AM

Wow gals in my neighborhood. Alden Ia. Fort Dodge is a favorite shopping place.
Looks like your space at the lake is permanent. Very nice. My time in the Rv is spent hand sewing hexies and red work.judy j
Old 06-07-2014, 05:00 AM

Coming from someone with 4 sq feet for sewing and having to find temp. space for anything bigger, that is wonderful and the view is priceless. Enjoy you sewing space and summer.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:09 AM

I love to sew when we are away in our RV. We have a toy hauler....so when we arrive our toys vacate the room and MY toys take over! It works out pretty well, I iron on the table we eat on, also cut on same. When our daughter comes to visit with the babies my stuff gets put away and the portacribs are set up so the children have a room that they will hopefully fall asleep in. I also have that Rowenta iron. Love it! Your setup is nice, view is great!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

This is awesome. I can see easy set up and take down. Gives me an idea how to minimize my sewing room. With a 9x10' room, I have everything spread out and sometimes it's over whelming. I have people who want to come visit and have no room the way the sewing room is set up. Used to be extra bedroom. You have shown me some ideas even though that may not have been your intention. Love your set up. I miss going to my parents cottage in northern Indiana. You have a great view and it looks so relaxing! Thanks for sharing your photos!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:45 AM

Love your sewing nook! And the view is wonderful too! I hope you have a great summer at the lake!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:53 AM

We also go to the lake every weekend and when we bought our last one when we went to the dealership he said only show us trailers with the built in desk in the bedroom. Otherwise she will take over the entire trailer like she has the house :-). Sewing machine is set up on my desk but when ever possible I move outside and sew on the deck. Terriamn