Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • You are my quilting guild >
  • You are my quilting guild

• You are my quilting guild

Old 10-11-2014, 05:22 PM

The guild I joined a few months back is nice enough, the ladies are fun and mostly friendly, but I just don't feel that I fit in. Others that have joined after have brought a friend or two so they are all set, and seem to mingle easily, but that is something I've always found difficult. Here, I always feel welcome and there is always a response, whether about a quilting issue or something completely non-related. It makes me happy to think of you all as my guild.
    Old 10-11-2014, 06:41 PM

I'm right there with all of you. Love this "guild." Talk about my "QUILT BOARD" friends to the people in my life all the time! Can't imagine not having this group to check in on at anytime it suits me. Such fun, friendship, inspiration, education, and sometimes just plain entertaining!
    Old 10-11-2014, 08:35 PM

Totally agree with everyone's posts-it's 12:30 a.m. I'm reading and commenting while in bed on my iphone & DH is snoozing beside me. Can't beat this for the perfect guild!
    Old 10-11-2014, 11:17 PM

I love it too! Get so many ideas and answers to other's questions.
    Old 10-12-2014, 12:44 AM

I don't quilt. My mom did and I have many of her quilt's. I come to this board to see how to quilt and it is like having coffee and seeing the beautiful quilts with my mom. thank you all for letting me join you each day.
    Old 10-12-2014, 02:26 AM

Yes, I agree. Meetings at 6:15am, with my coffee, in my nightie! Perfect guild for me.
    Old 10-12-2014, 03:18 AM
    Power Poster

You can count me in also. Every since I started peeking in I have loved this board. You all are my quilting family. I have loved looking at all the wonderful things you all do. I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't have all of you to talk to and laugh and cry with. Thank you all BrendaK
    Old 10-12-2014, 03:22 AM

I joined a guild last year, but stopped going after 4-5 meetings because everyone seemed to have their friends to sit with and they weren't really interested in welcoming new people. Sometimes I go for months without commenting, but I read this board every day and other than the rare tiff, people seem friendly and willing to share knowledge and ideas. I don't need face to face contact to feel connected to other quilters.
    Old 10-12-2014, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza
    I agree with all that has been said. I can no longer drive after dark and the guilds here meet in the evenings so I am more than grateful for this board.
    I have had to give up driving also because of macular degeneration. I'm very fortunate that a friend picks me up and takes me to our local quilt guild and I do enjoy it, but I also enjoy this board every morning. So thanks folks for all your help and encouragement. We all need that.
    Old 10-12-2014, 04:03 AM

I also appreciate all the help I have received from this board. I am not much for being "public" but many of you have helped me through pm and just reading your comments. Thank you to everyone for responding so quickly when anyone has a question because many times I am having the exact same problem and don't even need to ask! grammasharon