Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 3 to March 6, 2016 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 3 to March 6, 2016

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 3 to March 6, 2016

Old 03-05-2016, 01:06 AM

I need to finish binding a quilt, finish quilting and bind another, and then not get distracted so I can finish piecing my bargello. I've gotten disorganized with my time lately (spending too much time on the computer reading/researching machines and new pattern ideas instead of sewing).
    Old 03-05-2016, 03:23 AM

I need to finish 3 of my last jean totes for a charity auction to be held next Saturday, March 12th... I am also working on the Gypsy Wife quilt and have discovered I need to rip out a few pieces I assembled out of order. (argh)

I am then taking a class at my LQS Sunday afternoon to improve my foundation paper piecing... it is on my list of goals for 2016. [ATTACH=CONFIG]544051[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails dsc_0112.jpg  
    Old 03-05-2016, 03:47 AM

Those jeans totes are cute! Shouldn't have thrown my last old pair away, LOL!
    Old 03-05-2016, 04:09 AM

I will be doing the "quilt as you go borders" for my QAG quilt. I have not tried this before but with my broken back, I cannot handle the weight of the whole quilt.
    Old 03-05-2016, 04:23 AM

I am in. This baby is FINALLY together and on the table getting basted and I can't wait to start FMQ it.
    Attached Thumbnails dwrinprogress-1-.png  
    Old 03-05-2016, 05:12 AM

I might get a chance to join in this afternoon. Our 4 year old grands are going to the movies with Mom and Auntie. Will be quiet for a few hours! I want to sew a few blocks from leftovers. String blocks for me today. Will show pictures when finished.
    Old 03-05-2016, 05:35 AM

I feel your pain with the karaokers! Somehow I ended up in a family of them and get subjected to it regularly. It doesn't get better. Lol. I won't be able to participate this weekend, but will be checking in to see everyone's progress! Enjoy!
    Old 03-05-2016, 05:53 AM

Would love to join in but we just got back from being down south for the past month. I was able to attend 2 quilt shows - one in Rockport, Tx and one in South Padre Island, Tx. Of course picked up a couple of patterns for small projects and a couple of pieces of fabric. I will be washing that fabric along with a ton of laundry today so I guess that will be my only quilting related activity but will be watching you gals for inspiration. By the way I bought a Singer 99k sewing machine at an antique/junk store in Oklahoma while traveling so will be cleaning that up. Am excited about that. Have fun quilting this weekend.
    Old 03-05-2016, 05:56 AM

I am working on a Riley Blake quilt I bought last year in Shipshewana. Will send pics later. It is really fun..
    Old 03-05-2016, 06:11 AM

Default I'm in, doing a UFO and other stuff

Hey all, thanks for explaining what a VQW is. I'll be working on this UFO (not Bubba, the quilt behind him LOL). It's all ditched and I originally prepared it for binding thinking that since it's a wall quilt it would be okay to leave those big white squares with the polka dots unquilted. Now I'm rethinking that- maybe something simple and mid-century modern like FMQing around the polka dots and then connecting them with straight lines in a matching thread. I also want to do something with the cream filler strips--maybe a matchstick texture, but maybe not LOL. You see my dilemma. It'll probably be bound in the same fabric as the backing, a steel grey kona cotton, but then again I've also got enough white kona cotton as well LOL.....
    Attached Thumbnails img_0071.jpg