I don't "get" Pinterest.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:51 AM

Not a fan on Pinterest, never have been. Like surfing to find things myself.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:54 AM

It is more a place for ideas. But, when it says free pattern or tutorial, you need to click on the original links, not necessarily the person who posted it. I like to pin items that use an unusual color combo or a variation to an old pattern. Then I will scroll thru my pins for inspirations. I also have a pin for kid's ideas. This is a great place for the little ones to look thru for a weekend project idea. I have one box on a shelf that is full of cardboard rolls, foamies pom poms, bits of ribbon, glue, etc. I throw all my scraps of stuff in there and it is labeled 'KIDS'.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:56 AM

Nope, do not like or use Pinterest for the same reasons mentioned above. I have plenty of bookmarked patterns and saved photos of quilts to keep me going for several lifetimes. I need no more ideas or suggestions from a source the seems bent on tricking me into buying in to their site. I have been thinking that I was alone in the non-Pinterest world. Guess not. Sorry Pinterest, my choice, not interested.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:37 AM

I just don't use Pinterest! I have enough "pins" on my computer to scroll through.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:36 AM

I don't care for it much either.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:06 AM

I love Pinterest. Given there are a lot of 'dead-ends' caused by years of repostings and occasional click-bait scams but finding inspiration from around the world is worth the hunt. I don't find it much different from picking up a book that looks interesting and then finding the contents disappointing. I used to bookmark lots of sites and just saving one picture or item that's interesting in a Pinterest file is much handier for me. If I find an interesting picture that really doesn't link to anything helpful, I may save it but label it as a dead end. This helps me later and maybe someone who sees the pin on my board. (I've always enjoyed research, rummaging and treasure hunting.)
Old 08-09-2017, 03:00 PM

I know I get the same thing , I see free quilt patterns click --- takes me some where else ..

click around so much I for got where I was going..
Old 08-09-2017, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
I use my pinterest acct to keep pictures of machine quilting that I use for inspiration. It is frustrating to click on something that you think is going to give you more info and you're stuck--or worse, go to something totally not related!
That's exactly my biggest reason for my pinterest account. I got my sitdown quilting machine about a year and a half ago, and now that I have overcome my fear of using it and have become friends with templates, I have a wonderful library of incredible quilting inspirations with pinterest. I used to do screen shoots or copy and paste a picture into a word doc, so I LOVE pinterest. So yes, there are a lot of pretty pictures, but if I can recreate those in my quilts, I would be thrilled.

I do have one for recipes, too!
Old 08-09-2017, 06:35 PM

I like Pinterest. When I need ideas for my next quilting project, I use Pinterest as a good source of inspiration. It was most helpful in helping me come up with a 'manly' quilt for my brother-in-law.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

I like Pinterest but I am very visual. I look at it for ideas and go from there.