Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So what did you get at JoAnn's sale?? >

So what did you get at JoAnn's sale??

So what did you get at JoAnn's sale??

Old 11-28-2009, 02:25 PM

I went today and got more fabric for the stockings going to Afghanistan - the white muslin wasn't on sale, so I got to use my 50% off coupon :D I also got a pair of Gingher stork scissors for a Christmas pressie, another Art Bin box for blocks and little odds & ends. I keep reminding hubby just how much I *saved* ROTF :lol: :lol:
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 PM

I got so much:
Spent $151.00 and saved $147.00
sounded good to me! :thumbup:
Old 11-28-2009, 02:59 PM

I got a couple of yards of interfacing, watercolor masking fluid, a new pincushion and some machine needles all for $6.70!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:00 PM

That's when it is the most fun and you really reap the benefits when the quilt is finished and you can say "That's my 40% off quilt! I made a block and named it "40% off at JoAnn's"!

Good going!

Edie
Old 11-28-2009, 03:05 PM

Excuse me please. Genius at work here. I want to put in a new quote and I forgot how to do the original one!!!!! Edie

[quote]Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!!!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:02 PM

Bought myself another OTT light..a little different from my other one.

I thought that I would take one to Florida and leave one here in Jerse.....
and not have to transport each year..I do really like these lites.....
and at $19.99 rather than 54.99.I couldn't resist buying it.

$54.99...regular price, but who ever pays the regular price these days?

Threads and a few other things.......went in again today to get some ric-rac for some trim on the Christmas tree napkins.....went in and saw a rack to hold a bakers' dozen cupcakes and forgot all about the ric-rac until driving home in the traffic. OK.there's always the next time out.....

MaryJane
Old 11-28-2009, 05:07 PM

Had to special order 2 bolts of batting...someone beat me to the store and cleaned them out! :roll:
Old 11-28-2009, 05:14 PM

I was a very good girl! I didn't buy one lick of fabric! My husband was so proud of me! I did buy another rotery cutting blade, another rolling sewing machine cart, a spare plastic block carrier and some fat quarters for $.79 ea that I needed for our Quilt Guild donation basket. It totlaed $48.00. I actually saved $79.00.

Hancock fabrics is where I got the best deals though. I got a sidewinder threader for $16.00, 3 piece titanium sissor set for $8.00 (very nice set!) a nicer, bigger rolling sewing machine cart for $24.00 (guess I have to return the smaller one to JoAnns). Again no fabric, my stash rivals the small local quilt stores. My husband keeps telling everyone I could probably open my own store if things get tight, I don't think he would really want to do that. I may have to make a decision that would not include him. HAHA.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:25 PM

A big fat nothing. :( I had to work yesterday, so had planned to shop online. They have had so much traffic, their site has been down since early yesterday. I did want to get some W&N, so will check after church tomorrow to see if there is any left in the store. Today wasn't a good day to go as we had our T'giving meal today. My closest Joann's is in the next town, so...cook bird for SD, or shop? Hmmm since it was her request that we do Emeril's beer brined turkey, the cooking won. :wink: (and it was sooooo tender!!! MMMMMMMMM)

Patti
Old 11-28-2009, 06:50 PM

I bought 2 bags cotton batting, scissors, lots of Guttermann thread and cute boy flannel & girl flannel for just $2.99 yd. I love it when they have sales like this.