Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So what did you get at JoAnn's sale?? >

So what did you get at JoAnn's sale??

So what did you get at JoAnn's sale??

Old 11-28-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by ERhausfrau
My sweet OAO (one and only) said that he was taking me to JoAnn's today to get the Sew Essential Quilting Center thing. It retails $229.99, on sale $149.99 and today I have a 20% off coupon! Thats my Christmas present. . . . . Then I can sit for six hours or so and just leisurely put it together. Sure is going to beat a beat up old ironing board.
Edie you are going to LOVE this table - i got mine about a month ago for my birthday (same as you: on sale plus a 20% off coupon). It took me over a period of two days about eight hours to put it together. Make sure you OAO is nearby 'cause I'm sure it will go faster with another set of hands! I love this table! I had an Olfa cutting pad that is older than my children (married w/their own kids - lol!) that I had lent to my daughter who some how developed a bow on one edge about six inches deep. I cut off the "bad" edge and now have it laying across the depth of my table so I can cut, sewing, serge, and with my iron & board behind to me, all within a neat little circle. But you truly are going to love this table. If there is anything that fosters creativity, it is having the right tools. Ask any carpenter!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:19 PM

Well, I had to work on my quilt for my department's Christmas dinner next Friday, so I couldn't go shopping at all!! :cry: Oh well....I don't really NEED anything at all....but my WANTS list is way too long!!! :-)
Old 11-28-2009, 10:40 PM

It sounds like everyone got some great buys. I made it to Joann's today & bought two rolls of batting, a five pack of Olfa blades, template handle, magnetic pin collector (to carry with me when I go to Sit & Sew it seems like someone is always losing a needle), red & green mini bolts, I Love Puppy Dogs quilt pattern (it is sooo cute I couldn't resist) & 3 rolls of Xmas wrap. Spent $52.58 but saved $73.07! I'm a bargain hunter so I love those sales. I talked myself out of a few things so I was proud of that. When I got to the store there weren't many people but by the time I checked out the long was getting pretty long. I guess I hit it at the right time. Can't wait til their end of year sales!
Old 11-29-2009, 03:19 AM

Good Morning!~ Quick question here. Could you tell me the distance between holes on the drawer pull? I am thinking of getting a different set of drawer pulls and knobs. I have another piece of furniture that a neighbor gave me and it has three shelves with an opaque glass door and a drawer and am thinking about matching it up as a set. Maybe white porcelain knobs and pull or maybe a colored set. I don't know yet.

Our Joann's is a small store, but the people that work there are just the greatest. They know everything and are very helpful. When I was at the big gynormous store we have in the boonies here (we have two in the St. Paul area and two little ones) and the place was packed, people were crabby and I missed my little store. I asked if they could ship from one store to another and they don't do that. I have been to that store twice and it was more than enough. I hope to heaven they don't close this one
down. It is the only one in the City of St. Paul, really! And we are 300 and some thousand people! So, I think it will stay. It is a necessity. They probably make more money at this store than the big ones!!!!! Oh well, I have my table. We had a neighbor that literally picked it up and carried it to our shed. And there it will stay stored probably until the Fourth of January - ST Day!!!!! (sewing table day). I'll probably take it apart out there and bring it in piece by piece. That'll be fun too.

You know, I have all the room in the world in the basement that I could set up the neatest sewing area, but I would be all alone down there. My husband might need me, the dog might need me and I'd be running up and down all day long! So, I just have my little space here and am as happy as a clam. Found out the other day that we have a Quilts for Kids chapter right here in the Twin Cities. Yay! I have completed three now, am starting my fourth and sent away for four more. We'll keep those little kidlings nice and warm! Also, this way the quilts will stay in the Midwest area. There is a chapter in Racine, Wisconsin also. They are popping up all over. As of two months ago there weren't any chapters in a Midwest nine state area. Now there are two!

If anyone wants to listen to an audio book while they are sewing, I am listening to a very good one - The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier. She is the author that wrote "Girl With a Pearl Earring".

OK, back to sewing together 423 squares for a Floating Stars quilt. Have a nice day. Edie
Old 11-29-2009, 03:37 AM

I was pretty good. Only bought fabric for the back of a couple of mini quilts, a five pack of blades, some needles, two patterns and a quilt book. Everything was 50% off plus the extra 20%. Not bad at all.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:20 AM

someone had posted a picture of a 36x59 table and cutting mat, so I broke my rule of never going out of the house on Black Friday and went and got them both, plus a doorbuster rolling organizer. Some kind lady gave me her extra 20% off total purchase and I was a happy camper. To whomever posted the picture, many thanks!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:26 AM

Everybody check out Staples. They have the cutest little plastic starge containers for only $1 - $3. I bought several to put needles in, buttons, beads, and some for gifts.

Colleen
Old 11-29-2009, 07:57 AM

I was very good. I bought no fabrics or supplies, but they had Ott Lites on sale at 50% off and with my 20% coupon I got a fairly good deal. I need that light to rip out stitches on my latest quilt that I screwed up.

Gilla
Old 11-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

I went both days :oops: Friday after work so no extra 20% off but got lots of flannel for Christmas gifts... Saturday went early and used the 20% and the 50% off for fabric that wasn't on sale ... Spent WAY to much... :shock: Saturday got thread, fabric, a cricut cartridge for my sister, batting. On Saturday spent 108. but saved 191. :D
Old 11-29-2009, 11:30 AM

Sharonb

Now that's what one can call a real savings...........