Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Your Next Project >

What's Your Next Project

What's Your Next Project

Old 11-06-2019, 04:28 AM

I have 2 quilts to prep for binding, and make the binding. They may go to my friend who binds many of my quilts. I quilt her quilts so it is a perfect exchange. I also have 4 of my own quilts to quilt on the longarm. I have a quilt I am currently making that has several hundred snowball corners, not very exciting. I am now wondering why I thought I would enjoy making it. I also have several holiday lap quilts that I have kitted up. So lots to choose from. Our family doesn't exchange gifts anymore so the holiday stress is off.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:35 AM

I'm cleaning up leftover pieces from previous quilts, trying to use them somehow. Ran across blocks from 18 years ago that my daughter had made. She got pregnant with the 1st of 4 kids so the blocks have sat in my sewing room. Her oldest daughter is 15 and has done some quilting. My plan is to help her put the blocks together and give it to her Mom for Xmas. Also want to put together a few kid's quilts for Santa's Helpers. We just got our first snow of a couple of inches so good time to spend in my sewing room. I seem to have gotten my mojo back so want to take advantage of that.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:19 AM

I'm wanting to make a pink little girls quilt for Project Linus, plus I've pulled all my green strings out of the mixed bin and will start some sort of string quilt with them, and I want to make a all flying geese quilt, and then there is a project where I'm going to take several different parts of 3 patterns and mix them together into one quilt. Yep...too many irons in the fire!!
Old 11-09-2019, 05:34 PM

Just finishing a baby quilt and starting a Jewel Box comfort quilt for a girl in 8th grade. Using lots of brights.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:49 AM

My current project is a kaleidoscope quilt inspired by this fabric:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619646[/ATTACH]

Here's one block:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619647[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2961.jpg   img_2959.jpg  
Old 11-13-2019, 07:23 AM

Decided to make a new runner for my front hall bench. Using the appliqued designs of the snowmen from SweetPea. Have some white fleece with glitter on it to use for the bodies of the snowmen and whatever fabrics I find for my color scheme in my stash as I'm not buying any fabric again for another year. Made it one year so decided to try yet another year. Didn't make as many quilts this year to use up much fabric or scraps. Also have a dresser runner that will have embroidery design blocks on the cutting table waiting in line for the embroidery machine.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:24 AM

Love your layout of fabrics. I'm also taking online classes with Kari for EQ8. Decided I needed to know how to use the program to its advantage. Enjoying the lessons emensely.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:46 PM

Just spray basted a batik queen sized together today.

I usually do them on the floor of my garage, but now that we have snow and the garage is wet, I had to take all the furniture out of my foyer which ended up being 2" bigger on all sides than my quilt. Quite an adventure spray basting a quilt when you have to kneel on it to do it.

Now to quilt it on my Tiara mid arm.

Watson
Old 11-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

I'm working on a Christmas quilt called Candy Wrappers. I have the blocks finished as of today, now I need to put it all together.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:31 PM

I’m hoping to get the 2018 designer mystery bom blocks from fqs put together before thanksgiving then plan to start Bonnie Hunters Frolic mystery quilt. I seem to be a sucker for the mysteries!