Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Your Next Project >

What's Your Next Project

What's Your Next Project

Old 11-04-2019, 02:41 PM

Default What's Your Next Project

What's the next project in line for your quilting journey?

I have to embroider the quilt label for butterfly quilt. Then attach the binding. It has to be ready for the monthly show and tell next Monday. I promise pictures for you too.

Next, is quilting a Christmas panel ITH on the embroidery machine. It's a very ambitious project at 68x74.

What's under your needle?
Old 11-04-2019, 02:47 PM

Well, my Bernina has decided it needs to go visit it's maker (or repairers) or something. So good thing I have my cheap portable Brother as well as my various vintage machines. I can say, I won't be doing any quilting on any of the available machines.

So I'm working on my "next" project now, started from helping draft a pattern for someone here on the board. I don't have a name for it, but I will have a picture in a day or two.

And then I have committed myself to the Bonnie Hunter Frolic Mystery quilt project.
Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

I'll be using a bag of home dyed fabrics I got at the thrift store for most of my fabrics, but I'm going to make a pretty bold departure by using bright yellow instead of neutral white/cream... and I'll have to dye up a couple pieces between now and Thanksgiving.

I do have a donation child's quilt to finish the hand part of the binding.

That's all the further planning I have!
Old 11-04-2019, 03:40 PM

As soon as I finish quilting two quilts, one is under the needle now, the next is waiting patiently in the wings, I want to do something mindless!
Old 11-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Working on getting my comfort quilt quilted and ready to go.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:54 PM

Some smaller items this month. A tabletopper using the "international sisters block", some leaf potholders and a few potholders that look like Christmas gifts.

And of course there is always on going research for the next big project.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:00 PM

I'm starting a Christmas tree skirt tomorrow for a Christmas gift. Then I will be making a raincoat for an American Girl Doll for my granddaughter. Then I plan to start a quilt that I have cut out.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Making a second quilt top for our oldest Grandson. I have a RWB top for him. He is a 10 year veteran. Then I am going to quilt them and finish them up before I start baking for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:11 PM

Need to finish a Christmas table topper I started a couple of years ago -- have to finish cleaning the sewing room first ...sigh
Old 11-04-2019, 04:15 PM

On Dec 6, I have a craft show. On Dec 7, I'll be resting up from it. On Dec 8, I plan to start our next grandchild's quilt! The baby is due Feb 28.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

I've been sorting stuff and have a small pile of small UFO's. Today, I listed what I need to finish them, ie cut batting, backing, binding. I want to work on hand quilting 5 mini quilts during my TV watching time. At the machine I want to make a couple of small Thanksgiving items for guild rewards for finishing a large UFO. Need to have my sewing stuff all done by Thanksgiving so that takes priority over the big projects.