Spring Cleaning

Old 04-05-2010, 06:42 PM

BellaBoo with everything all new, I would not want to move. Stay & enjoy it for goodness sake. LOL

I clean some everyday. Not major stuff but still, it is cleaning. Closets get a thorough pitching out, once or twice a year. I really do good if I am mad. LOL
Old 04-06-2010, 05:33 AM

I can't say that I do spring cleaning. My cleaning follows the TV schedule, instead. Right after watching an episode of Hoarders.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:49 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..Spring cleaning...what part don't I understand! In springtime I get rejuvenated and start some kind of a project that envolves moving almost everything in some part of the house. This year my son is going to put doors on the side of my bar that faces the dining room. This will force me to clean out all the cabinets because everything will have to be reorganized. I LOVE organizing my fabric stash and quilting supplies and books. I don't call this cleaning or work.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Banned

Hum
Spring cleaning
Quilting
Spring cleaning --
Quilting --
Spring cleaning --
Enjoying the outside sunshine and warmth --
Spring cleaning ????? Thinking about it, but each time I head to the other end of the house my sewing room gets in my way and calls me.
Guess Spring cleaning will have to wait. It's not talking to me as loudly this year as the fabric is.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:10 AM

I have a friend that says "if a corner wants to be cleaned, it'll get out into the middle of the room where it's easier to get to". LOL
Seriously, I DO deep-clean-vacuuming every 2 weeks. Means moving the beds, etc. because of allergies. I LIKE the idea of one room a month...hmmmmm I'm going to try that!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:19 AM

I live in wheatcountry so its all year round cleaning here.
I do most of my Spring cleaning in the Fall after the wheat fields are done blowing around. I seen a sign 1 day that said
" dirt is just another country accent" I try to remind myself of that. :thumbup:
Old 04-06-2010, 12:05 PM

Spring? Oh good, time to move my machine into the three season room!
Seriously, ever since the warm days started, we've been fighting an ant problem. :-( The little tough black ones that you have to squish really hard to kill. Get rid of them in the one part of the house, they pop up elsewhere. Now that a few good days are on their way, we'll be spraying foundation. That should do it or Terminex is my next call!!
The worst was when, one night, I took a jar of peanut butter out of the pantry, popped it onto the kitchen counter, and all these little black things fell out. I hadn't turned on a light close by so it was fairly dark.... turned on a light and FREAKED!! Oooooooohhh, nasties everywhere!! RAID to the rescue. Emptied the entire pantry, tossed everything not in a can, sprayed until sopping wet. Did I say OOOOOOOooooooo!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:57 PM

Bug sprays make me vomit so I vacuum ants. Then I make someone else empty the vacuum. :0)

I like the idea of a monthly room. I do weekly but monthly sounds intriguing...

Spring cleaning is great. It's the only time I do all of the windows in one day. And, it puts me in the mood for gardening.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Google Goddess

What is the name of the window cleaner that you can attach to the hose. Have you used it before and do you like it?

Thanks, Karen

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Here I sit at the computer with my 2nd cup of coffee and thinking about beginning some Spring cleaning, but here I sit, LOL!

Seriously, I think I'll clean the inside of the downstairs windows this morning. When DH gets back maybe I can get him to turn on our outside water so I can spray the outside of the windows with that window cleaner that you attached to a hose.
May in Jersey
Old 04-07-2010, 04:14 AM

I became disabled in October 2008 and since then Spring cleaning is non existent ! If my house wants cleaning, it will have to do it itself...lol
Seriously, I have 4 sisters who take turns coming in every couple of months to clean for me. They are a god send, but I'm learning to live in peace with dust bunnies and a few cobwebs in the corners. I can use a swifter floor duster and can keep the kitchen and bathroom counters and sinks clean so that's enough for me. My new normal! Cleaning is not priority---quilting and living are.