Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fabric storage boards >

Fabric storage boards

Fabric storage boards

Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Now that's what i called ....using your noodles!
Great idea, thanks fot the helpful info...
Old 08-17-2010, 10:32 AM

Great solution!! :thumbup: :D
Old 09-02-2010, 06:57 AM

You inspired me and I purchased the foam boards at the dollar store. I spent the evening cutting and wrapping fat quarters. I love this idea and the foam board cut easily and is really pretty cheap at 1.00 for a 20 X 30. I can now see my fat quarters and maybe even use them now. I am using CD storage shelves and they work great. I have only made a small dent in organizing these, but feel inspired to finish fat quarters and then start on the larger yardages to store on book shelves.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:22 PM

I got my cardboard from Joanns. They throw them away and I asked if I could have them so when ever I go there I ask for some. I can cut them and get a lot of them and I gave my sister some and she has a head start on hers. she did a lotr of her fabrics when I was staying wiht her a week ago or so. It's a good idea nad it also keeps your fabric looking nice too. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 09-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Great idea! Will have to try it! Like the idea of stacking fabrics on one. Good for projects!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:18 AM

I got more card boards from Joanns this a.m. so I'll have to get started, but going ot cut out a bargello first. Huggies, Fay
Old 03-20-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by tess10
You inspired me and I purchased the foam boards at the dollar store. I spent the evening cutting and wrapping fat quarters. I love this idea and the foam board cut easily and is really pretty cheap at 1.00 for a 20 X 30. I can now see my fat quarters and maybe even use them now. I am using CD storage shelves and they work great. I have only made a small dent in organizing these, but feel inspired to finish fat quarters and then start on the larger yardages to store on book shelves.
I stopped at the dollar store yesterday! They had one! I got it and tried it! I love it! Thanks for the great tip! Now I got to find more. I checked with wallyworld today and they wanted three times as much as the dollar tree. I will wait and ck the dollar trees around.I can be patient for that price!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-172652.jpe