How would you about this?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Originally Posted by sharon b
Hey is it cotton fabric :wink: LOL
yup......
LOL I think I would know what to do... and she may be short on fabric for the other 2 :wink: LOL
Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 AM

I think I am very glad that I don't do garment sewing!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Shibori
ask to have a meeting with her and the principal and have her repeat what she told you about them being worthless. Could be that she's caused more trouble about other projects than what you know and this "attitude" of hers needs to be brought out in the open.
I agree with all the responses in this post.
There are several responses I encourage you to follow through with.
This was being done for the school. The ultimate outcome should be the one that is best for the school. Bringing it to the principals attention protects the principal and the school.
If she has done it to you, she has and/or will do it to others. If she is spiteful enough to say what she said to you, she could be spiteful in other ways that might affect your career.
When she bit you, she bit a teacher. The others in her path may be relatives of the children who attend the school.
You have your time, equipment and supplies tied up in this. You and she work under the same contract bylaws. Are you able to meet with the principal, explain what happened and ask what the employment policies are in regard to it and what you should or should not do. (ie: send her a bill or send it to the school or chalk it up to 'Don't let it happen again').
On the other side of the coin, you could come in the back door. Did she say this was going to be paid when she asked you to do it? Did she say by her or by the school? It is possible all the parents funded her for the dresses to include labor for seamstress.
Sending her a letter summarizing the events, itemizing the cost encurred, (include "personalizing the pattern for each size girl" )noting in some manner what she said about them being unuseable and copy the principal.
If she inferred it would be paid by the school I would do the same thing, send it to the principal and copy her.
Your not trying to start trouble. You are trying to stop it. You know what will or won't work for your 'working environment' and we will all respect your decision. What goes around comes around eventho we don't always get to know or see it.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM

All of you have very valid points and I sincerely thank you for your thoughts. I was wondering if I was 'missing' something. She did agree on $20 per skirt (it is for the kids remember) and she did purchase all of the materials. What goes around comes around, I have settled down on this and what happens....will happen....Can't spend any more time worrying and fretting over this. Now instead of slaving over the last skirt - I can get BACK TO MY SWAP BLOCKS!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:22 AM

But still, if you agreed on payment before making the skirts, then she owes you. If not, lesson learned. Bless you for your efforts.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 AM

I just came across a charity that makes pillow case style dresses for little girls in Africa. When you get tired of quilt squares, maybe you'd like to put your energy there?!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Power Poster

WOO HOO look out swaps , she is back :thumbup: :lol:
Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Now you know to always make a sample first! The teacher is not someone I would want to be around my child at all. She is selfish, foolish, rude, ungratful and I would tell her that in a split second. Imagine what her students pick up from her actions.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

just wondering how that teacher's over-all behavior is - - -??
Old 04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Shame on her!!! She provided everything, she could atleast own up to it being her own mistake.... I am sorry that you had to be involved in this.... :( glad to hear that you will be moving on to happier projects :D:D:D