Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can't Believe What Happened @ Wally World!!!!!! >

Can't Believe What Happened @ Wally World!!!!!!

Can't Believe What Happened @ Wally World!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:33 PM

The camping stores sell a small folding stool, worth every penny, I carry one around when we are in the tall vehicle for my mom. It can be a pain, but if this ever happens to anyone, try to remember to leave the "handicap" person near the store and pick them up on the curb...... use the curb for a uplift. Really works! I speak from experience.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

What a nerve some people have.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:16 PM

So sorry that happened to you. The story above about the Christmas tree stolen from the grave of the little 4 year old girl reminded me of a similar incident with our family. My aunt was roller skating when she was 9 years old on the sidewalk in front of her house when she fell and hit her head, died the following day. Her grave is in the family plot area of a large local cemetery which is right on the main drag. We had a bronze urn on the headstone that we put flowers in and someone stole the urn a couple of years ago. :evil: And it was screwed down onto the headstone, so the thief had to bring tools with them to steal it. :evil: Below is a couple of pics of her, she really was a beautiful child.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-95200.jpe   attachment-95201.jpe  
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 PM

I am so sorry that this happened to you. My husband made one for my Mother but I always put it in the back. But one day I was having trouble getting her wheelchair in and not one person (including a police officer) offered to help. I managed. I am about sick of people who think they can get away with this sort of thing. Again I am sorry. I just pray for this person as some day they WILL answer for this. Stealing is stealing.

Mrs. I.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:50 PM

Eddie that is an adorable picture of your Aunt. So sorry that they stel from her grave. Isn't it a shame that this is the only thing you cangive to your deceased loved ones , yet people are so sick that they have to steal from them. Bernie, yes I have used the curb many times to load & onload Mom
Our WalMart doesn't have curbs in front of the store. That's why I have to use the box. I just hope that they can find the person when they look at the vodeo tapes. I have made 3 citizens arrests over the yrs. & believe me I will prosecute these people.Thanks to all of you for your imput, prayers & thoughtfulness over "THE LOST BOX" It sure has been my pleasure to get to talk to you all. Take care & God Bless each & everyone of you. Donna, The Rustic Quilter
Old 09-22-2010, 07:54 PM

Donna, that is so heartbreaking. Why don't you try painting your new box white with the handicapped symbol on it. Be curious to see if that works. Seems like nothing is sacred anymore.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 PM

When I lost my husb. 2 yrs. ago, I asked the mortuary about putting urns on both his my our daughter's graves which are side by side. Mine is on the other side of hers. The man said they don't even put them in anymore because they are all stolen as fast as they can put them in. It's because of the type of metal they are made of. It breaks my heart now since I don't feel free to take flowers to them. I hate just laying them on the ground. Like I said, nothing is sacred anymore.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Power Poster

Sorry for all your bad experiences with thieves...it's especially hard to understand their thinking when it impacts on the disabled and the desecration of graves.

My youngest is an apprentice Monumental Mason...he is frequently on site at the various cemeteries around our city. Generally, people here tend to leave the graves alone, though the monumental companies have developed quite a few strategies to prevent theft of the vases and votive equipment. The fellas do have to watch their trucks though...sometimes people will try and steal the tools and other equipment and a few months ago, my son and a workmate chased a man who was "approaching" elderly ladies.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:38 PM

that is just horrible to hear , i dont know how anyone could stoop so low to do that, it falls in the same catagory as people parking in the handicap parking places and there is no sticker or nothing wrong with them getting out of there car and walking to and thru the store
Old 09-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Google Goddess

sorry to hear about this, hopefully they got them on the security camera, keep following up with them and the police

good luck