How did you meet?

Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 AM

We met at a dance 47 yrs ago. Still dancing.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:18 AM

saw him at our local bowling alley and locked eyes. Told my friend about him she said she knew him and would fix me up. She started dating him! Met him a few months later at a dance. Married 3 months later. 36 happy years!! I Found a new friend to replace old one that dated him.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 AM

I was in a bar (horrible place to meet people btw) and a woman walked up and asked if she could sit down. I'd noticed her watching me and having her approach me made me a little uneasy. She said, "I thought you were drinking rather heavily and then I realized that it's only club soda with lime." I said, "Yes, I'm the designated driver." She asked if I was in a current relationship, I scooted over a little bit farther away from her, and said, "No and I'm not looking to get into one." She said, "My brother-in-law is rather recently divorced and wanting to meet a nice woman. He's an OTR truck driver. Would you be willing to meet him?" I was so relieved that she wasn't hitting on me that before I knew it I said okay. We met the next night, a Saturday. He called on Monday night from Kentucky and said that he'd been thinking out there on the road and he'd decided that he was going to marry me. I told him that he had WAY too much time to be thinking because he obviously wasn't good at it. He said that his mind was made up and I'd get used to the idea. We got married a few months later. We'll be married 16 yrs this summer. My second, his third.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Banned

I moved into an apartment next door to my husband. I was only 17 and he was 27 at the time. We became friends...he waited until I was 20 to date me...then married me when I was 25. Been together over 20 years now.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM

I met mine through one of my friends... she was his babysitter LOL. I never thought when I was younger that I would fall for a guy 6 years older with two kids, but sure enough I did. We met and were married in less than a year and have now been married for 8 and 1/2 years. My mom tells me that it was good that I found him because I might not have ever grown up if not for him. I never knew that you could love kids that weren't your blood as much as I do, but they are as if they were my own. We now have 4 kids and never have time to breathe anymore as they keep you so busy... hopefully they slow down a little so that I can get some quilting done this year.... I don't think I finished but one thing last year.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM

How fun to read everyone's posts. Well, I don't think I have ever been hit on in a grocery store...

I was single for 8 years and then to make a wonderfully long story short... I met my sweetheart DH on Match.com. We met in person 3 weeks later and before I got out of my truck, he knew I was the one. It took me til the next week before I knew myself. In 17 days we will celebrate 6 exquisite years. Wish it could have been 40+.

It's been wonderful.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by crazyforquilting
We met at a dance 47 yrs ago. Still dancing.
What a wonderful thing to say: "still dancing." :wink: It brought tears to my eyes. I can relate because we're "still laughing." Met my DH2B three years ago. We fell in love almost immediately. He is a widower with two grown sons and two grandsons. His wife died from breast cancer about 15 years ago. We have so many things in common that I feel as if I knew her, that we would have been dear friends. We met at a gig that my neighbor's son was doing. I went with her to hear her son sing, and suddenly she said, "Oh my goodness! I see someone I know!" Well that wasn't unusual because it seemed like everytime we went to one of her son's gigs she met someone she knew. She left me sitting at the table alone while she went to say hello. She returned a couple of minutes later, leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Okay, single guy!" All I could think of was, "Great. :roll: All I wanted to do was come here and listen to Austin sing. Now I have to be sociable to one of her friends." Well, he sat next to her to catch up on old times, and his son sat next to me. Adrian (his son) and I carried on a conversation as if we had always known each other. After a while I said to him, "Hey! Switch seats with me!" Adrian was a bit confused, but he did as I had asked. I then sat next to Don (my now DH2B). It was an instant attraction for us. That was on December 27, 2007. He was invited to a New Year's Eve party, but didn't come because of the horrible weather so I called him up the next day and invited him to dinner. He thought I meant that day -- January 1. We had dinner and haven't been apart since, and are planning to get married very soon. I now know what love is. I was married before for 26 years -- together for 27 -- but never felt love like this, and I was never loved like Don loves me. :wink: We are absolutely meant to be together.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:26 AM

aaah...love. I was a single mom for 10 years, decided there was no one out there to meet my standards (judged dates by how many quilts I'd designed in my head or gee, this is fun, if only I were with someone else) and bought a dog. Started walking the dog every morning, from 6-7 a.m. in Central Park and wham! met my guy! we're almost at 11 years after being "friends" for about 1-1/2 years. We still are like adolescents--inseparable except for working hours. and he and my DD adore each other too. He is the father she should have been born to and she is the daughter he deserves!

Laurie
Old 01-05-2011, 11:33 AM

I met my husband at our Church's youth group. He was also at my same high school. Yes, we were High School sweethearts. Married 30 1/2 years! We were 14 and 16.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM

Met my hubby through a TV Show, he is still my star!