Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Blocks of the Orient - Signup CLOSED >

Blocks of the Orient - Signup CLOSED

Blocks of the Orient - Signup CLOSED

Old 02-21-2011, 02:26 PM

Yeah! Deb! Can't wait to see what is next!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:43 PM

Ok not happy with the green I tried with the purple ladies it was to busy. I think because they are so pretty I might need to go with a plain fabric maybe like a marble look. I don't want to take away from them. When I figure it out I will post another photo. In the meantime the red and white are all labeled and in a bag. I'm half finished with the teal ones. I should finish them up by the end of the week and all the purple ladies are cut out.I used the large square to put a couple of ladies in each big square.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:48 PM

There on page 20 if you don't remember what they look like. I didn't have enough of the fabric I posted with them.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 PM

I received Moonrise's package today! Very nice. I have permission to host another swap....these new blocks will compliment the ones we are doing. I have to work up the measurements for the block, as it is now a 6inch one. I will also do a block so you can see it, however, if you REALLY CAN'T WAIT....here is where you can find it. It is also from quilterscache.com. http://quilterscache.com/H/HourGlassBlock.html Bear in mind that this is 6 inch block, I will post all the directions and such for it to be a 12.5 unfinished block. PLEASE wait till I get this all set before you start cutting!!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:13 PM

Very cool.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
I received Moonrise's package today! Very nice. I have permission to host another swap....these new blocks will compliment the ones we are doing. I have to work up the measurements for the block, as it is now a 6inch one. I will also do a block so you can see it, however, if you REALLY CAN'T WAIT....here is where you can find it. It is also from quilterscache.com. http://quilterscache.com/H/HourGlassBlock.html Bear in mind that this is 6 inch block, I will post all the directions and such for it to be a 12.5 unfinished block. PLEASE wait till I get this all set before you start cutting!!!!
What about the fabric? more oriental?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Thanks mom, we are almost there.....lol

Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM

Very pretty block for the next swap. Can't wait to do that one.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:52 PM

I am going to offer this as a separate swap even though it is complimentary to this one we are in. It will help me keep things more organized when they start coming in. I will open this up and have sign ups close March 31 and the new set of blocks will be due April 30th. Remember, I can get two sets in one FRE. If someone is in this swap and wants to do the second, I can hold the first set (Blocks of the Orient) and send the second set - which will be called Oriental Hourglass - in the same envelope, saving $$. I still needs the Blocks of the Orient by March 31. It will mean that if you are in both swaps - your first set is due by March 31, but you will probably not get both sets back till the first week or so of May.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:41 PM

Good thinking Deb, just dont let the postmaster know our $$ saving secret!!!!!!!

I am going to offer this as a separate swap even though it is complimentary to this one we are in. It will help me keep things more organized when they start coming in. I will open this up and have sign ups close March 31 and the new set of blocks will be due April 30th. Remember, I can get two sets in one FRE. If someone is in this swap and wants to do the second, I can hold the first set (Blocks of the Orient) and send the second set - which will be called Oriental Hourglass - in the same envelope, saving $$. I still needs the Blocks of the Orient by March 31. It will mean that if you are in both swaps - your first set is due by March 31, but you will probably not get both sets back till the first week or so of May.