Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 12-01-2017, 11:21 PM

Nesie, is it snowing there? Missing Plum Borough & the drifts of snow down the mountain to Oakmont!!!
hugs,
dj
Old 12-02-2017, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Nesie, is it snowing there? Missing Plum Borough & the drifts of snow down the mountain to Oakmont!!!
hugs,
dj
Sounds like Pittsburgh!
Old 12-02-2017, 06:07 AM

80s today and sunny in Orlando, going to the water park.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:07 AM

Very pretty Libster
Old 12-02-2017, 07:01 AM

I'm jealous, cuppy!!! Have fun at the water park!

Klaws, yes, Pittsburgh area & wonderful Christmas memories! Still miss my church, all the girl scouts, & the snow so heavy you could barely see the school bus flashing lights from the front porch of my corner lot! The three rivers with snow & ice along the banks like something out of a Kincaid painting, but real life!

hugs,
dj
Old 12-02-2017, 07:49 AM

I have just read all 415 of the posts for this swap. I wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. Gleanings from the reading: Measure each section and square to 4 1/2; put label on the back of the block in case there is any residue. Make one extra block, NOT one extra block for each set. Be sure to include the mailer to get your blocks back to you, with proper postage which is stamps not metered mail.

Thanks so much Armylady.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:06 AM

I signed up late, and this is my first ever block swap. I got through most of the posts, but I still am not clear on what I receive back. I send out "sets. Do I get the same number of sets back, or do I get the corresponding number of individual blocks back? I am sorry for such a basic question. What confuses me is the flexibility on duplicated blocks.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
I signed up late, and this is my first ever block swap. I got through most of the posts, but I still am not clear on what I receive back. I send out "sets. Do I get the same number of sets back, or do I get the corresponding number of individual blocks back? I am sorry for such a basic question. What confuses me is the flexibility on duplicated blocks.

Welcome, Crispy_Frog! You should get back the same number of blocks that you send in (other than the 1 extra block). The blocks you get back will all be a different fabric. I always make an extra block of each of my fabrics so I can keep one of my own. Swapping is a fun, friendly way to get a variety of fabrics for your quilt.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:48 AM

Crispy sorry for answering for Army and hopefully I am not wrong, But if I am someone please correct me.

But the way I read it.. If I am making 3 sets of 4 blocks, that's 12 blocks, I will get back 12 blocks.

Each set of 4 blocks need Not be the same floral material, just wow as the background, Mine are not.
Some are 2 blocks of the same floral, some are 3.
I had lots and lots of floral, But didn't have enough of one pattern to make a whole set of 4 blocks, using up what I have.

I am not quite sure how Army is going to go about managing and organizing all the different blocks (may have to send her some xanax or send her on a tropical island vacation when alls said and done)
But I do know in the last swap she hosted all the ladies were wonderfully pleased in how things went and the blocks they received.

I doubt you will receive back a block you sent because of us labeling our blocks.
And I think it's highly unlikely for me to receive a duplicated block, But If by chance I do it won't bother me, one will be at the top the other at the bottom, no biggie lol.

I've made sooooo many quilts in the past 20 + years , this one will the first one ever just for me
Old 12-02-2017, 08:50 AM

Ok! Nevermind! Bluelady and Armylady cleared everything up for me in post 345! All is clear! Thanks!